𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

The pillar meeting proceeded, with you and your heavy feeling of guilt towards the young slayer. You shouldn't have lied about the investigation— you felt cruel.

Ubuyashiki greeted the pillars, asking if the weather is great today in the process. Tanjiro felt confused once again, and seeing all the pillars bow to this man before him made him realize he needs to do the same.

Just like the other Pillars, you've wanted to greet Oyakata-sama— but you are so spaced out at the moment and Shinazugawa beat you to it, face fuming of anger.

You are in between Kocho and Himejima, putting on a stern look as you knelt, but mind still wavering. "We find it most honorable to be in your presence Oyakata-sama. We eagerly pray for much happiness upon you." He said flatly, yet the slight edge is still there.

A mumble of thanks is heard from Ubuyashiki, now sitting on the tatami mat and two children guiding him for support. "Let me humbly say there is a soldier present in the pillar meeting by the name of Kamado Tanjiro who has brought a demon. I would like to explain the scenario. So will you allow me?" Shinazugawa continued, but Tanjiro on the ground is clearly displeased and weirded out by the pillar's actions.

"I see, I'm sorry he surprised you all. I have given my approval for Tanjiro and Nezuko so I want everyone here to accept them." The sickly man said, and silence befall on each and everyone of the pillars.

You are having an internal moment of rejoice, knowing that Oyakata-sama is on the wise side of this situation despite it being bizarre. Normally, demons would have eaten humans— but this, Nezuko and Tanjiro, are a different breed from them.

"Even though Oyakata-sama wishes us to do so, I'm reluctant to give consent." Himejima said, obviously opposed to the idea.

"I also flamboyantly oppose this, I can never accept a demon hunter who brings demons along." Tengen tagged along, and you swear you can see a glitter of sparkle as he talked about his opinion.

"I will abide with all your accordances Oyakata-sama." Mitsuri is happy as usual, taking the two younger slayers' side.

"Either way is fine for me, I'll just forget right away." Tokito doesn't care as usual, eyes empty and expression deadpanned.

Kocho and Tomioka are silent, and you debated if you'll say your share in this as well. But the fear of your co-pillars bating a bad eye in you made you plant your vision on the ground.

"Don't trust them. We all hated demons to begin with." Iguro pointed out, voice laced with the usual deadly venom— just like a snake.

"I respect you from within, but I can't understand your thinking! I completely oppose this!!" Rengoku commented, still blazing.

"We are the demon hunters who annihilate demons. I wish to punish both Kamado and Tomioka." Shinazugawa said through greeted teeth, evidently angry with the said slayers.

"I accept Oyakata-sama's wishes without hard feelings. I, too, am a part of an investigation involving Tanjiro and Nezuko." You clenched your fists, and spoke with head high. No pillars knew about this investigation you recently concluded, and the tension just got even higher.

"So you are saying you should take part in this punishment too Hajime?" Shinazugawa spat, but you kept your cool down and responded with his harsh remarks.

"I don't think a punishment is needed. Oyakata-sama had given his say in this— and I refused to be punished by the likes of you Shinazugawa."

"You bitch."

There is no time to give notice on the small crack from your heartstrings. What you did is for the better right? The kids have a future ahead of them, and Nezuko and Tanjiro might be one of the key to unlocking this never ending chase with Kibutsuji.

One of Ubuyashiki's children began reading a letter, specifically a letter from Sakonji Urokodaki, a former water pillar who is Tomioka's mentor.

The letter consists of Nezuko not hurting a human, and does sleep instead of eating flesh for two years. And if Nezuko somehow ates a human— Tanjiro, Urokodaki and Tomioka will cut their stomach as an apology.

You look at Tanjiro, expression filled with hope and innocence. You think he just wants this trial to be over soon, tiredness and all of the bad things are already being carried on the boy's shoulders.

Tears flowed from his eyes, while the pillars are unmoving— another heavy silence casted upon all of you. Yet this is cut short as Shinazugawa said a comeback, and you are tired of all this shit.

"What should I say if they're gonna kill themselves. If they want to die, they can just die and rot away. There is no guarantee in all this."

Rengoku agreed as well, but Ubuyashiki, wise as always, said that there is also no guarantee she won't attack people either. After a few babbling, Ubuyashiki finally said a something that would turn the tables.

"Besides, Tanjiro has come into contact with Kibutsuji."

You thought you just want to get over with everything, but after hearing that phrase, oh you are more than alive.

..

I'm sure you don't miss my trashy updates lolz, but anyways the dialogues mostly came from the manga, and I swear there would be a LOT of tension from reader and nemi, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!