𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

After attending the late meeting, you received no new orders, which means you get to spend a few more days in your estate— and might as well train your body to become stronger.

You haven't looked at Shinazugawa since, not wanting to maintain any eye contact from your feud earlier. You still feel bad, but right now all you need to do is focus and give time to yourself.

A spar sounds nice, maybe with Kanroji, cause she is one of the easiest to get along with. She might not be the brightest student, but she is surely the friendly one.

Except for the fact that she treats you to pancake eating contests that is oozing with honey and a plate full of butter— Kanroji is a good sparring partner. Kocho is out of the question cause your strength will overpower her, but will inevitably poison your food later if you are not careful.

You walked a few meters before arriving at the Love Pillar's estate. You can hear the birds chirping nearby, as if they are drawn to the warm aura surrounding the place.

It's true that some kakushis are worried once they want to deliver messages at your estate, because of the inevitable chill they are feeling whenever they step inside.

Maybe it's because of your cold breath style— not that you mind.

You can see the Love Pillar giggling, but with who?

"Oh, never mind." You shrugged, seeing that the Snake Pillar is beside Kanroji, treating her to delicious food you are craving. He is smitten with her, and it is painfully obvious to everyone.

Your boredom heightened, why is Kanroji always occupied this days? You are not really that "buddy-buddy" with other pillars, but if it's training you seek— then the Rock Pillar is the next best option.

The waterfall type of training is something you haven't tried yet, despite living almost all your life in the Demon Slaying Corps.

You skipped the mountains, and the travel time is longer than most cause you just came from another estate. But finally you reached the calm estate, and could see the tall stature of Himejima.

"Hm? That boy is here again." You casually made your way to the other pillar's estate and to the unknown stranger. As expected, Himejima knew your footsteps, and faced your direction, hands still clasped in the usual praying position.

"Ohayo Himejima-san, I'm here to do some training if you don't mind." Smiling, you greeted him. Your gaze landed to the boy beside him— who looks almost like Shinazugawa.

"I don't mind at all. You may train here as much as your heart wants. Maybe Genya would like to train with you as well." He introduced Genya to you, the younger male having an obvious blush on his cheeks.

"Nice to meet you Genya-kun, I'm Hajime [Name], the Snow Pillar." You gave a close-eyed smile, and you swear you heard a "nicetomeetyoutoo" before the boy scurried off.

"Uhm, is he related to Shinazugawa? He looks a lot like him." You asked the older pillar, and as if he knew your thoughts beforehand, he spoke;

"He is Shinazugawa's brother, but their relationship is anything than smooth." Himejima explained plainly, and you nodded. Shinazugawa told you that he doesn't want Genya joining this chaotic mess, and you totally understand why he wants his younger brother out of this.

To lose someone, you could never get used to it.

"I see, see you later then Himejima-san, thank you for letting me use the training ground." You waved, and went ahead.

..

You set the top of your uniform aside including your usual haori. Slowly, you wrapped several layers of bandages to cover your chest, tightening it slightly to fit in your comfort.

"Too tight." You grunted, and loosened the bandage a little until it is comfortable enough. You left your shoes as well, and hopped in the cold water.

It's shivering, with no sense of comfort, a perfect training ground to you. With a good compatibility with cold, you easily adapted with the temperature and sat on one of the rocks.

The water roared, painfully brushing your back as you experimentally drew your back against the waterfall. Even for a pillar, you still lack in some areas— and one of them is endurance.

You took a deep breath, using Full Focus Breathing and concentrated. The water hitting your back still hurts, but you have no choice but to endure it if you really want to train and be strong.

"Focus, focus.." you muttered to yourself, erasing any distracting thoughts, mainly erasing any interaction with Shinazugawa that might make you loose concentration.

Genya enters the scene, his eyes scanning the waterfall till he noticed you are there. He is embarrased about earlier, as he is embarrased with talking to the different sex.

He can't help but blame puberty for that.

Your concentration, even though you are clearly not used to this training, is admirable. Genya wants to impress his brother, and maybe he could learn a thing or two from you.

He heard kakushis whispering one time, that Sanemi, went home to his estate drunk after the last pillar meeting that night, and kept apologizing, which is so out of character.

If he heard right, he kept chanting a string of apologies with your name on it. It seems like his Nemi, had taken a liking to the Snow Pillar, who is training dutifuly, just a few meters away from him.

You glanced despite the roaring tide hurting your eyes, and saw the younger Shinazugawa awkwardly standing near the waterfall— and you decided to break the ice.

"Ara, Genya-kun do you want to join me?" You asked, eyes making contact. Your tone isn't that all-commanding, just enough to pique his attention.

"Oh u-uh yes of course." Genya slightly ruffled his hair, reluctant but made his way on the stone beside you. You have him a smile, and decided to go back on concentrating, brows furrowed, mind blank.

Genya did the same, momentarily forgetting every worries he had in mind. You sat there in silence, and maybe— you'll bring the younger brother to a small chat with you.

..