𝓣𝓮𝓷

Your mind spiraled, is he seriously allowing you to?

Retracting the hand he used to reach you, he cleared his throat and slightly shifted from his seat. You did the same, but you closed the distance between you.

It is now or never [Name].

A faint blush tinted the Wind Pillar's cheeks, enough for the both of you to be aware. You paid it no mind however, and you urged to touch the rough healing scar on the right beside his nose.

Sanemi tensed under your touch, the sense of unfamiliarity lingering. Nevertheless, it was warm— and it reminded him of his late mother whom he loved so much. It took all of his strength to not purr in your arms, and he wished this moment would last.

"Does your scars hurt? I don't like the idea of having scars." You mumbled, facing his dark lilac eyes with those [eye color] hues. You scooted closer, to the point where it's almost as you both are too close for comfort.

"They did, all of them did." He replied back, catching the hand that is currently touching the scar on his forehead. Sanemi guided your hand to trace patterns over the scars that are on his defined stomach.

It was nothing out of the ordinary, the rough patch of skin making you feel his toned muscles a little bit more. You calmed down after the small talk, but his larger frame closer to you is just hot.

But after tracing his scars, the hotness dissappeared— replaced by amazement and satisfaction. "This one, how did you get it?" You draw a figure eight over a fully healed wound drawn on his chest.

"I was still a hinoe that time, tch I'm so careless." He scoffed, and that specific scar took a lot of time to heal unlike the others. As much as he is used to wounds and scratches, a huge gash is different.

"I see, how about this one—" you stopped, noticing how he closed the remaining distance. Your cheeks flared once again, his beautiful face is just a few inches away from you, and it must have been because you keep scooting to Sanemi while touching the different scars all over his body.

His veiny hands placed themselves on your waist, while you are still dazed and unmoving. Eventually you gripped the sides of his uniform, almost fuelling the male's urge to seal your lips with a kiss.

"[Name]-san!"

A groan escapes from Sanemi's lips, but he knew the crow had to do it's job. He just messed up, and his heart is in a frenzy after the almost-kiss scenario just a few seconds ago.

"I've been looking all over." The crow squeaked, it's voice almost inaudible due to the fact that another person is here with you. Your crow tends to mumble or squeak whenever it encounters another person aside from you— and you find it the cutest.

The crow handed you a letter, and that is the new designated area you need to patrol because you are indeed a pillar. There is no time for rest, that small break was enough for you.

And who knows what will happen if the crow did not come.

You had asked for company, and Sanemi provided it for you— but things seemed to go spiral. The crow flapped it's wings in such speed because of it's shyness, and it's time to say goodbye again.

"Take this with you." Before you could speak, the white haired male handed you four pieces of onigiri, and he looked like his usual self— with a scowl plastered on his rugged features.

You remembered how tranquil Sanemi is earlier, how he seemed soft and quiet— you lowkey love it. But as fellow pillars he must've knew what the message the crow needs to deliver, and he prepared a snack for you to feed on.

"Why—"

"Just do it, or I'll eat this."

"Alright, thank you Shinazugawa-san." You smiled, and planted a small peck on his cheek as a sign of appreciation which sent Sanemi to a much more confused state than earlier.

Every inch of him is bewildered, and he still denies the fact that you are special to him. He doesn't want you to be hurt— but at the same time he convinces himself to stop thinking about you all the time.

Watching your frame left the gates, he tapped his foot repeatedly and sighed. This day had been eventful, and all he need is a rest. The dog came back to check what the noise is all about, it's poofed tail wagging in the same direction.

"[Name] is beautiful isn't she?"

He said to the dog, and as if it understood what he said— it barked at him with a smile. Sanemi just realized that he just complimented you, the girl which he tried so hard not to be inlove with.

He doesn't want to repeat the same mistake of his love ones dying, but sometimes it wouldn't hurt to open his heart again right?

"Maybe I really do love you, [Name]."

..

This is a review for those who did not know the term 'hinoe' used earlier. It is used to determine a slayer's rank, and the ranks are:

1. Pillar / Hashira
2. Kinoe
3. Kinoto
4. Hinoe
5. Hinoto
6. Tsuchinoe
7. Tsuchinoto
8. Kanoe
9. Kanoto
10. Mizunoe
11. Mizunoto