𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

"She left without having breakfast." Sanemi internally groaned, his lack of sleep getting the best of him first thing in the morning.

He mentally prepared himself for the uproar he caused, knowing that sooner or later in this same day— his father will be furious. Unlocking his phone, he unblocked the numerous official sites of news to know what is the latest issue is about him.

As expected, you are in the article, labeled as unknown woman or fling. That irked him quite a bit, he doesn't even know you until that day, and here you are, with a stupid news article full of nonsense and lies.

There are several questions like "Is she Mr. Shinazugawa's new girlfriend?" as well as "It hasn't been a month since his last breakup, so what's the relationship between this two?"

"Damn it, why are they so restless these days." He scoffed, followed by a sip of coffee. While he wanted to take a nap and called the rest of the day off, he is overwhelmed by the sudden need to atleast apologize to you, properly.

The information he knows is your name, and that you work not far away from here. And that you work from the bakery slash café that is under his company.

He felt bad. All of his responsibilities and any business related to work is now back on the shoulders of his father— but at the same time, it's his father's fault for forcing him into a role he didn't want to play.

That's why his guilt diminished into nothing.

..

In ages, you took a break from work. You notified the manager, and as you are returning, Kanroji greeted you, worry written all over her face while asking if you are okay.

"I guess I'm okay, what's up?"

"Are you sure? You are everywhere [Name]! I saw your face!" She squealed, almost rubbing her phone to your face to see the current headlines.

"You're joking." You chuckled dryly, as your image appeared on the screen with him. "Unknown woman? Seriously? And I'm not a fucking fling— we barely knew each other!"

You worried, Kanroji was right. You are nowhere near okay now— and you hated it. If you will be famous just because of this scandalous issue, you might as well flee from the country.

"Of course you are not [Name]! Why would you be his fling? That guy only likes rich girls who had ugly attitudes, and you are not one of them." She coaxed, inviting you to her apartment that is right of the bat, pink and floral.

Sitting on the couch, you noticed two small boys— their black hair with different colored tips are surprisingly cute in your eyes.

"I hope you don't mind.. I'm babysitting them!" Kanroji introduced the two kids, namely Muichiro and Yuichiro Tokito, who lives not really far from your places.

Yuichiro's eyebrows are furrowed, as if he is examining you from head to toe— but in fact, he find you as a new friend to play origamis with! Muichiro is much more timid and laid-back, his tiny hands clutching his twin's black pajamas.

"I'm four, Mui is four too." Yui said, holding up four fingers to indicate their ages. "I'm four too!" Mui repeated, his blank stare now replaced with a happy gleam on his eyes.

The two boys gave you a feeling of serotonin bubble up, the feeling of being chased by cameras now gone.

"Puzzles! We are going to play puzzles [Name], are you going to join us?" Kanroji held up two sets if puzzle, and both of them are delighted. "They are smart kids, they don't like things that exert them too much though."

"Seems like they are not the playful type of kids.. I like that." You hummed in approval, deciding to join the kids to go play, distracting you from your problems and the slim chance of the media getting ahold of this place.

..

"This goes here Mui.." Yuchiro said, holding the piece of puzzle with his tiny hands to place it on the empty spot. It's been an hour since you and the boys are working with the piece, and they are fast four year olds in your eyes.

"Okay. But Yui I'm hungry, let's get snacks first." Muichiro mumbled silently, and you smiled. Reaching for the Taiyaki on the side of the table, you decided to give them one each.

"Here you go."

"Thank you [Name]!"

"Thanks."

The two of them resumed their business, while you went to the kitchen, where Kanroji is preparing food. "Oh hi [Name], are you having trouble with them?"

"Nope, in fact they are behaved while playing. Ugh, I'm just cringing at the fact that I got involved with someone like Sanemi Shinazugawa."

"But you came back late? Does that mean you went to his house?" Kanroji wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, and you cringed.

"He did.. I thought he wasn't so bad but my life is now in shambles because of his hobby of sweeping woman off their feet." You groaned.

"I'll just see how my life goes from now on." You continued with a frown plastered on your face, knowing that what you got yourself into will bring either a positive or negative impact in your life.

But right now, you think it was the latter.

Reading a few comments under the article, your eyes widened.

"I thought him and Kanae Kocho are still a thing? Lol stop fooling people." tweeted at 11:43 pm.

"Pls I'm sure the girl just want money from him." tweeted at 3:01 am.

"How does he keep getting away with this? How scandalous 😬." tweeted at 6:50 am.

"You mean he and Kanae, that model Kanae? They are a thing?" You felt stupid for realizing that he is just a normal womanizer, it turns out he is much.. more.

"They didn't work out though. Kanae called the engagement off after she caught Sanemi hooking up."

"Engaged? Oh my god." You sighed, you are so immersed in working that you are not updated in such things, but now that you are— you have to be cautious.

Even if your heart tells you no.

..