Chapter 4 Part 2

PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION
This castle up top^^^ is said to be haunted by a French Maid called Catherine Frankie, sadly she was accused and burnt at the stake for witchcraft at the end of the 16th century.  Her ghost is alleged to have been seen at different times in the location of the tall clock tower.  Other disturbances at Abergeldie have included strange noises and bell ringing when misfortune is about to hit the family. This is the way the clock tower should look in the story, not the one on the cover. I found  this picture and it looks almost exactly how I imagined it!

The woman with the dark hair was barefoot, running through a forest. She stepped on crunchy, fallen leaves and sticks but did not slow her pace.

Eventually she reached a clearing, and there was a building. It looked newly built and the clock at the very top was ticking in perfect time. Yet, everything seemed very aged.

She opened a wooden door on the side and journeyed her way up the spiraled steps. When she reached the top, she ran over to the farthest wall, where you could see the inside of the clock. She sat down and dangled her legs over the edge of the walkway that lead to the clock, which was probably made for workers when it needed repairing.

Time sped up, the small hand on the clock spinning round once or twice. The woman grew impatient, and stood up walking back towards the stairs. Instead of leaving she decided to stay, and began poking the wall with her toes.

She was in a long white dress this time, resembling a night gown, with two strings near the neck and lace all around the collar. The woman sat down against the wall and drew her knees to her chest. Her dark tangled waves fell over her face as a single tear slithered down her face. She became angry mouthing words over and over as the clock struck twelve, dinging over and over. She stood up, yelling, but I still could not hear. Her hands flew up over her head and she spun around chanting.
DING, DONG, DING,

°°°°°«^^»°°°°°

Ding, ding, ding. I turned over to face my nightstand and slammed my hand down on the stupid alarm. I groaned remembering last night's events. The pounding in my head was still present but not as bad as before. Sitting straight up, I climbed out of bed and grabbed a towel out of the closet on my way to the bathroom. My barefeet stuck to the tiles and I realized Lucas must've taken my shoes off me when he brought me in and I hadn't even noticed. He must've gone earlier because I neither heard nor saw him when I walked out.

I climbed into the shower, and turned the water up to an extremely high temperature. These are the times when long hair is a great pain.

I took about thirty minutes, half of which was spent thinking and letting the hot water run over me.

When I was finished, I dried off with one towel and wrapped another one around my hair, twisting it on top of my head. I walked silently over to my bedroom, out of habit, and shut the door behind me. I sat down on my bed quickly, and pulled out my journal jotting down the beginning of a poem I thought of in the shower.

The door opened. "Hey, Scarlett I made some breakfa-" Lucas's eyes grew wide and he stuttered, still standing in the doorway.

I clutched the towel closer to me "Get out!" I shrieked, throwing my pen at him.

He backed away and slammed the door, cussing on his way out.

I groaned and pushed a pillow to my face. I thought he'd left already. I slipped on some too-big sweatpants and a snug NHL t shirt. I piled my hair on top of my head and put it into a messy bun before walking out of my room.

°°°°°«^^»°°°°°

Without really meaning to, I heard Luke talking to someone.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He mumbled. "How's she doing? Can we see- how long? Great just great. Tell her I love her, okay? Tell her to be strong. And tell dad to go **** -------" He cursed before hanging up the phone. I didn't want to ask him about it, even though I was curious.