Prologue

© Copyright 2015 : BohemianMoonchild

"Dont worry, sweetie. This isn't goodbye." He told the girl, kissing her cheek tenderly as her eyes drooped shut.

Her eyes flung open and she wiped a layer of sweat off her brow. What was that supposed to mean? It sure as hell seemed like a goodbye to Scarlett. You're supposed to convince me that fleeing your wife and patiently waiting daughter for twelve years isn't goodbye? She told herself. This inward pep talk had to be given to her every so often, especially when this blurry memory turned dream creeped it's way into her subconscious mind. Those last words had been like a slap in the face. But the pain lasted much longer than anything physical ever would. Her mother always told her no one lasts with a Murray girl very long, and Scarlett's father and grandfather were more than enough to prove it. She swung her legs over the edge of her bed and made an attempt to wake herself up by grabbing a quick drink of water. She treads softly into the kitchen barefoot, careful not to wake her normally absent, always overworked mother. After gulping down a Dixie cup filled with tap water, Scarlett walked into the bathroom. When the light flashed on she jumped back into the medicine cabinet, managing to knock over a bottle of Listerine and a container of Qtips. WHO WAS STANDING IN HER BATHROOM AT TWO IN TH- Oh. She mentally facepalmed before looking away from her reflection quickly. Scarlett never looked at herself in the mirror. Ever. If you asked her to pick out five of the things about herself that she didn't like, she'd name ten. Big nose. Small ears. Blemishes. Thin lips. Big feet. Small chest. Oh, the list goes on and on. Of course most of these things weren't true in the first place, though she'd never once had someone tell her that.

A/N
THANK Y'ALL NON-EXISTENT FOLLOWERS AND READERS. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS OFTEN AS I CAN LOVE YOU