12) And Then I Met You

It probably wasn't the best thing to do, leaving them alone down there with everything that happened but I needed to get away. The Dylan I knew never would have laid a finger on me like that. Ever. Especially because of his past. Thinking about how it used to be just made me cry harder. What has changed?

I inhaled the pillowcase deeply, noticing a very different scent. I use Japanese cherry blossom perfume, not... whatever this was. I sat up and opened my puffy eyes for the first time since I came in here and everything was blurry. I rubbed my eyes rapidly and looked around, realizing my mistake. This wasn't my room.

This was the guest room, or Luke's room.

About five minutes later, a knock came at the door and I jumped at first.

"Scarlett, um. It's Luke." I groaned and dove back onto the nice smelling bed. "Can we talk?"

I shoved my head deeper into the comforters. Now no one loves you. All thanks to a little thing called trust.

"Ugggh!" I screamed into the pillow.

"Please?" He spoke quietly, desperately.

I did not want him to see me cry, but I would feel guilty locking him out of his room.

I nodded slowly and hugged my knees to my chest. "Idiot," I mumbled to myself when I realized he couldn't see me. "Whatever, come in."

I tried to wipe at my eyes and nose before I saw Luke's big vans touching my feet. He crouched down (how do you do that in skinny jeans?) to meet my eyes and I continued staring at his shoes. Don't start crying. Don't start crying. Don't start crying. A quiet whimper escaped my lips and as soon as it did Luke hugged me to his chest. I started weeping and he sat down next to me, pulling me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck smelled the same aroma as before. It took minutes for me to finally calm down and thankfully Luke just sat there silently, comforting me.

"It's alright. I'm here, I'm here." He whispered into my hair, clutching me closer. Everything in me screamed to push him away, to get away from the boy who caused me so much trouble, but I felt something I'd never experienced before: safety. On top of everything, I started to feel dizzy again. I pulled away until we were no longer touching and the feeling left me, leaving his Nirvana shirt tear stained and hot.

"Sorry." I breathed. He looked down at me, a purple bruise forming on his sharp jaw line.

"Don't apologize, darlin." He smiled.

I laid my head on Luke's shoulder and closed my eyes. A tear slid down my cheek, then another. Taking his thumb, he swiped them all away.

"Hey, it's okay." He assured me.

"Hmm." I hummed, knowing he was lying. I felt him shake his head.

"What's the difference between a lobster with big boobs and a nasty bus stop?" He asked suddenly. I gave him a strange look, tilting my head to see his smirking face.

"Ones a crusty bus station, and the other is a busty crustacean!" He laughed at his own joke and I grinned. I sighed and breathed in his heavenly scent.

"Can I ask you a weird question?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Go for it."

"What is your man perfume that smells so good?" He chuckled at it and I slapped him on the shoulder.

"It's called cologne and it's old spice." He grinned goofily.

I sniffled and wiped my face.

"I'm gonna go get you a cool rag and some water."

I nodded gratefully. How did I find myself in this position? Years later, I was being comforted by Luke because of something  Dylan did. This was also so weird. Why was Luke being so nice? I thought we hated each other.