Letters

I picked up the letter and examined the front,
I hadn't really looked at it properly but it looked like it was written a long time ago, the envelope had browned like it been sat up for a while. My name was written on the front in my mums handwriting?
Instead of sitting in my room reading the letter, I locked my bedroom door and climbed out my window and headed to the river, I could feel my mums presence there and I wanted to be close to Wyatt whilst I read it.
I didn't want to go to him and ask him to be with me, as I didn't feel like I could right now, with his pack slowly dying the last thing he would need is me pestering him. But being at the river, I can feel him with me. It's the one place I felt I could be alone, without being on my own. I know Iv only ever been here once with Wyatt, but it really did feel like it was our place, a special place. Just mine and his. Especially as I'm the only person outside his family he shared this with.

I climbed up the rocks to mine a Wyatt's sitting spot and leant against the tree I fell asleep on.  I got my phone out of my pocket and switched the flash light on so I could read the letter whilst listening to nature around me.

To my beautiful daughter on your 16th birthday.

Happy Birthday my baby. Me and your Dad can not be more proud of the woman that you are and the woman you are about to become.
If you are having to read this letter, it means that me and your dad aren't around anymore to tell you the truth ourselves.
As i write this letter to you, you are laying in your fathers arms. He's already so in love with you as I am, you have not long been born, under the biggest brightest full moon I have ever seen. This letter is being in trusted to your Grandma to give to you, and if this wasn't given by your Grandma, then a letter found it's way to you somehow.

The truth is baby.

You don't know any of my history, you don't know why I have a strip of white hair and you don't know why your hair is completely white.
I come from a long line of werewolf royalty, but I gave up my place in the pack because I fell in love with your father, a human. Like your Grandma before me, she gave up her place in our pack when your grandfather passed away fighting off another pack of werewolves for territory, he was a strong and magnificent leader who told me tales of prophecy's and tales of the Great Alpha who would one day save everyone.  That prophecy is you.

When my best friend became pregnant and gave birth to twins was the day we knew the legend was true as I was pregnant too.
The legend states. That twins would be born into the pack, followed by a baby girl who would be destined to become the Great Alpha and become the mate of the male twin.
A burden I didn't want you to bare unless you absolutely chose to. I knew one day destiny would call on you no matter how much I tried to shield you and hide You from it, But if I could give you At least these 16 years of living a normal care free life, then that's what I wanted to do.

But You are the Great Alpha, Freya. You are a werewolf.
I'm so sorry I hid this from all of you, but as a mother first I wanted to protect you.

This necklace was mine, with the necklace on I was my true werewolf self. Once taking it off, I became human. Most werewolves can not live without there necklace and they will merely sees to exist, but the royal bloodline can live regularly without it.
The necklace of royalty is different to the rest of the packs necklaces. Our shines a brilliant green, like your eyes. And we also have the powers to control the pack, when you eyes ablaze the command you make, they will have no choice but to follow.
If you chose to put this necklace on, you will become the wolf your suppose to be and lead your pack,
You will be a werewolf, an Alpha, a Queen. If you chose not to and continue to live your life human. Just know, whatever you decide. We will always be proud of you and we will always love you.