Chapter 1

Peter Parker's routine had changed a lot in the past 2 weeks. Get up, change into his suit, patrol a little bit, go to school, patrol more, stop for a sandwich, night patrol, return to his secluded alley for 4 hours of sleep. Not very fun. Not that he had a choice, ever since Aunt May kicked him out. Today, like every other day, Peter found himself on the top of the tallest building in Queens, gazing out at the sun as it began to rise over the horizon. Also like everyday, a scream interrupted the tranquility. Peter swung down to see a mugger holding a woman at knife-point.

"Knife to meet you! I'm Spiderman!" Peter chirped, before webbing the dude to the wall. The woman thanked him, called the police, and Peter swung off. After ducking into a nearby ally to change, he walked to school.

"Hey Ned!" He greeted his best friend, and they did their fancy handshake.

"Hey losers," MJ greeted, and Peter slung his arm around her shoulders. He tuned out Ned's rant about Star Wars as his mind drifted to his current situation. His savings were running low. How much longer could he get a sandwich for dinner? His metabolism was angry at him too.

"...so I was thinking tacos at my house tonight?"

This brought him back to the conversation. "Sounds great!" Peter said, as they walked into class. He felt guilty about not telling his guy in the chair or his girlfriend about his situation, but that was an issue for another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Avengers tower, Tony Stark did not want to get out of bed. "Sir, you have a meeting with the pirate in an hour," Friday's voice rang out. Tony muttered something incomprehensible. "It also appears that Stephen and Miss. Potts are riding up here this minute." That got Tony moving. He scrambled to make himself look slightly ready for his meeting.

"I'm up!" He said as they exited the elevator with identical disbelieving expressions.

"Your shirt's on backwards," Pepper said.

"And inside out," Stephen added. They both laughed as he attempted to fix his shirt. "Honestly Stephen, how do you put up with him?" Pepper asked.

Stephen chuckled. "I teleport to China every other day." Tony glared at both of them, resulting in more laughter.

"Nice of you to finally show up," Fury said, when Tony entered the meeting room 5 minutes after it was supposed to start.

"Pleasure as always, eye-patch," he snarked back.

"I don't have time for this. This," Fury said, pointing to a picture on the projected screen, "is Spiderman. He's a powerful vigilante, started about 2 years ago. Single handedly took down the Green Goblin, the Vulture, Doc Ock, the list goes on,"

Clint inquired, "What does this have to do with us?"

"We need you to bring him in. If he goes rogue, he's an Avengers level threat. Find his identity and if he's interested, offer him a spot with the Avengers."

Tony leaned forward in his chair when the files on the spider were passed out. This could be an interesting mission.

Bruce raised his hand. "Will the other guy need to come out?"

"If the other attempts to bring him in fail, yes," Fury answered. Bruce slouched back in his chair, but Natasha patted him on the shoulder.

"Any other questions?" Fury asked. "Then good luck with the spider. Rogers, Romanoff, Wilson. Stay behind. You aren't part of this mission."

Once everyone else left, Fury turned to the three and plopped a much thicker file onto the table. "I need you to find and capture the Winter Soldier,"