Chapter 5

This file was interesting, it had no name, just a date: 10/16/1991. Steve read the information, and had to suppress a gasp. This file concerned the deaths of Howard and Maria Stark. Quickly he scrolled through it, and the information at the end made him have to take a step back from the monitor.

Confirmed: Howard and Maria Stark's deaths were ruled as a homicide. Upon further inspection of the bullets found inside the vehicle and the bodies, they appear to be marked with a star on the back. Captured hydra agents confirmed these bullets to belong to the infamous Winter Soldier, responsible for all of the above cases.

Steve Rogers was suddenly wide awake. He nudged Sam, who proceeded to fall out of his chair.

"Nat, Sam," he called, "You guys have to look at this file," They read over the computer screen. Natasha's face remained stoic as always, but Sam's expression quickly turned to shocked and enraged.

"So, he's real then? Not just a ghost story?"

"Yes," Steve answered, "The Winter Soldier is real."

They didn't have time to think about this, as a loud beeping filled the room. Natasha and Steve recognised this sound, and didn't hesitate to grab Sam and exit via the fire escape. Not 5 seconds later, the apartment exploded. Steve held his shield up against the three, and Natasha steadied the gun in her hands against their attacker. Nothing came, and they quickly moved to leave. Steve turned around, but when he looked back, he could see the silhouette of their attacker. Blurry photographs he had looked at confirmed this much: The Winter Soldier was standing in the rubble of the apartment, staring at Steve. And for some strange reason, Steve knew that some how, he knew who this person was. And this scared him more than the crumbling remains of the attack on his life.

(Sorry this is so short!)