Chapter 19

You could have heard a pin drop. The room was deathly quiet, waiting for the verdict.

"The Supreme Court Justices have decided that this court case will be in recess until 9:00 tomorrow morning," The court official announced. The room was still tense. Eventually, the Avengers left the court room. Later that afternoon, when Peter was on his patrol, he noticed a huge influx of traffic and noise. He swung over to see what the commotion was, and his jaw dropped. Hundreds of people had taken to the streets with signs, marching and shouting for rights for those with wings. Almost half of the protesters sported wings and it was a beautiful, colorful sight. Unfortunately, outsiders were throwing rocks and other items at the protestors. Peter immediately swung down and put himself between the wall of antis and the protesters.

"Heyy, fellas, it's a free country! Why don't we put the rocks down and let the protest remain peaceful?" He says.

"Freak!" Someone hissed, and threw a rock at him. It hit his arm and did not phase him. Peter held out his hands.

"Okay, you asked for it!" He chirped, and webbed all of them to the building or ground behind him. The protestors cheered and clapped for Peter. He unstrapped his huge, shiny wings, and took several deep bows, before swinging off, back to the tower.

"Hey Dr. Dad! Where's Dad?" Peter asked upon finding Stephen in the common room, reading.

"I think he's down in the lab. How was patrol?"

"It was great! You're never going to believe what I saw!" Peter exclaimed as Tony emerged from the lab. One of the avengers present in the common room was flicking through tv channels, and stopped at the news.

"Protests are taking place all over the city after this morning's harrowing court case. Those against the rights of winged people have been seen throwing rocks and other items at the protestors. Earlier this afternoon, Spiderman himself got involved." Peter showed Tony and Stephen as the clip from earlier came on.

"Isn't that awesome? People are supporting us! They want things to change!"

"That's great Pete! Now, show me your arm." Tony scolded. Peter laughed, and obliged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, everyone waited in anticipation. The room buzzed, until the door opened. Chatter died, and you could have heard a pin drop. Everyone held their breath, and Tony grabbed onto Stephen and Peter's hands.

"The Supreme Court would like to announce, after much consideration and thought..."