EPISODE 3 - THE ROOM

Megatron gently scribbled on a digital pad, the words glowing vibrant and lilac in the shadowy backroom.  He had desired to remain alone while he crafted this document: the peace treaty he would generously gift to the Autobots.  Starscream entered the hidden, small chamber, and a cluster of other digital pads rested in his blocky arms.

"You said you needed more?" Starscream softly said before sliding the pads next to Megatron's hand.

The leader eyed what Starscream had delivered, and he delicately put down his writing utensil.

"They are afraid, aren't they?" Megatron laced his long, knifelike fingers together, and he settled his chin on the bed his hands had created.

Starscream discovered a chair abandoned in the corner of the room, sad and alone.  He pulled the stool up to Megatron's desk and settled down in it, brushing some dust off of his legs.  "What do you mean?"

"The other Decepticons are fearful of the actions I am taking."

Starscream gently scratched his flat cheeks, unsure of how to inform his leader.  "They...my liege, they are afraid that The Accident has caused your new way of, um, thinking."

Megatron stood, his figure incredible and wonderous like a Roman statue, bursting with strength and glory.  He placidly rounded the desk, dragging his own chair behind him.  He placed the seat next to Starscream and rested upon it.

In other situations similar to this, Starscream had felt incredibly petrified.  It was always the prelude to a horrendous punch or other demonstration of dominance.  But, in this moment, Megatron commanded the air of a king, not of a tyrant.  He was serene, understanding of his ranks' confusion.

"I do feel different, if that helps to know.  But I am still in here." Megatron tapped his chest.  "I still feel this extreme rage, this really painful anger, but I can...control it."

"Control?"

"More than I used to be able to.  I know that in the past," Megatron pulled his optics away from Starscream, refusing to reveal his raw shame to his follower.  "I had wronged you many times when I was disappointed with you."

Starscream glanced down at a few scars that had collected over the kilocycles across his body.

"And, I understand if you don't want to accept my apology, but I am truly sorry.  I am so, so sorry.  I was in the wrong when I...when I harmed you."  Megatron bit his lip, his sharp teeth glinting in the light.  It became silent, and Starscream turned his attention back to his lord.

Streams of clear lubricant were trickling down Megatron's cheeks, dripping like a melting icicle onto his lap.  His optics' luminosity had dwindled, as if his eyes were being swamped with storm clouds, killing any light.  Starscream quickly stood, desperate to end his lord's grief.  Not to make his leader feel better, but to end the awkwardness Starscream was enduring.

"Oh, my liege, there is no need to be upset!  Here," Starscream grabbed one of the treaty documents off the desk, snatching the writing tool along with it, and held it out to Megatron.  "finish your work!"

Megatron stood and took the digital pad away from Starscream, throwing it onto the desk.  "No, I do not care about that right now.  I have beaten you!  I beat you!"  His bawling increased, flooding his face with tears.  "I need you to know that none of the punishments I delivered to you were warranted.  You never deserved what I did to you.  And you never deserve such punishments ever again."

Megatron pulled Starscream into an embrace, and Starscream held his arms out, unsure of where they should go.  His leader shook as he cried and released his sorrow, and Starscream felt the tears drop onto his back like warm rain.  Starscream gingerly placed his hands on Megatron's waist, not wanting to return too much of the hug.

"Lord Megatron, uh, it hurts."

"I am so, so sorry."

"No, you are squeezing me."

"Oh!"

Megatron hastily retreated, keeping his hands locked onto his deputy's blocky shoulders.  He wanted Starscream to understand the extent of his verbal amends.  Before The Accident, Megatron was ruled by his own aggression and ire, pushing down anything his conscience attempted to advise him.  Now, the little righteous voice of his mind had conquered everything, and since he was aware of the his past faults, it was time to apologize to everyone his jealousy and toxicity had affected.

"Master," Starscream squealed, unsure of how to respond to Megatron's abrupt display of affection.  "I accept."

Megatron gazed deeply into Starscream's glittering eyes.  "I know you don't."

Starscream shut his optics, fearful as he felt himself being sucked into the blackness of the room.  "You are right.  Everything you did hurt so much."

"I was blind.  I'm so sorry.  I can't take away what I did, but I promise you, from the bottom of my spark, that I will never do it again.  All wrongdoings will be met with equal punishments, but never shall I raise a hand against you."

Starscream bowed his head, submitting to whatever plans Megatron had.

"I am aware that you fear me, but that is something I am going to work on with you.  I need your help, my second in command, to complete these documents."

Starscream dragged his gaze toward the table littered with treaties that would mandate the fate of all Cybertronians, including the planet the war eradicated.  Starscream wrinkled his nose.

"I understand what you are doing," Starscream said.  "but I do not agree with it.  The Autobots caused this war.  They need to be destroyed, and then all of us return to Cybertron to rebuild it and lead it."

Megatron gently settled back in his chair, peering up at the young Seeker with desperate optics.  "We are the bad guys, Starscream.  The Accident has made me see everything.  I want to heal our species with my brother."

"Optimus?  You really have changed."

"I know, and I know that it is unnerving to many.  But I lead you all and I welcome this change.  Now, you can leave the Decepticons or you can remain here and help me."

Starscream huffed and looked around the room.

"I'll give you time to think about it if that helps.  Come back to me tomorrow and tell me what you have decided."  Megatron rose and returned behind the desk, resuming the crafting of peace and healing he so powerfully held close to his spark.

Starscream sat back down, watching his leader work.  "I have decided now.  I am loyal to the Decepticons, and if this is what we are going to do, then so be it."

Megatron gently nodded, his makeshift, faceted helmet glinting purple as his head bobbed.  He grabbed a stack of digital pads out from under the desk and slid them towards Starscream, and Starscream marveled at the tower.

"Here," Megatron handed Starscream a writing utensil.  "start signing."