EPISODE 12 - THE SUMMONING

The dandelions tickled the edges of Megatron's face as he gazed up at the clear sky, the pinkish clouds lazily rolling overhead. Shockwave was meandering about a couple meters away, busily scanning the organic plants that had distributed themselves across Cybertron. The engineer had also finished preparing a new helmet for his former master, and now his creation was snuggly fitted upon Megatron's head.

Megatron laid amongst the flowers, trying to mentally, and physically, distance himself from the city that hung nearby. The cities present on the planet had been stripped of their names for the titles only reminded Cybertronians when Autobots and Decepticons used to lock horns, trying to dominate the other. Megatron believed this change to be foolish; the past should be remembered so people can gain knowledge from their mistakes. But alas, new names were being bestowed upon the cities.

Megatron had located Shockwave, who had already fired up one of his labs nearby. The scientist had come to the strange field to collect samples, and Megatron joined him, not to help but to meditate.

The look on Starscream's face was burned into his mind, like a hot stamp pressing into a cold hunk of reddish wax, leaving behind a everlasting image.

No, we are over.

The Seeker's righteous expression was eradicated, all of his joy being ripped away from his spark. It was the visage that Megatron would expect being wielded by a supposedly immortal being that had discovered his final day was tomorrow. Starscream appeared to be frozen in time as shock stormed through his body, and his wings drooped as invisible strings yanked them down.

Suddenly, fury wracked through Starscream.

"I only had two goals in my life: being a leader and having my home back!" Starscream spat. "There is no room for romance! Good, leave. Leave me and scamper back to you beloved brother." Starscream converted into his jet, and he rocketed away towards only Primus knows where. His followers got the memo, and they pursued after him, abandoning Megatron and his people.

Back in the field, Megatron felt a sob slip through his mouth. He was furious with Starscream for doing something so unruly. Cybertron had just been reborn, and it had only been two solar cycles before someone was publicly murdered. Megatron's wails increased, but he tried to keep the majority of the sound locked away in his chest. He despised the noise he made when he cried; it was gulpy and gross, like he was trying to shout while guzzling oil.

Shockwave clanked up to him, a bouquet of flowers clutched in his fist. "Master...are you alright?"

Megatron shook his head, slightly disturbed by Shockwave's sudden interest in anyone's well-being or emotional state. His howls reached full volume, and Megatron shielded his face with his clawed hands, shameful of what he had shriveled up into.

Shockwave sat down beside him, hesitant, before gently patting his shoulder. "I am trying to work on empathy," Shockwave muttered, somewhat embarrassed by the transformation he was forcing himself to endure.

"Why?"

"You have changed me. I have seen that great things can still be accomplished even when someone has emotions. It appears that those, like Starscream, who are out of control of their emotions are the ones who struggle to achieve."

Megatron nodded and sat up, pulling Shockwave into a strong embrace. The engineer tensed up, not exactly prepared to move this speedily into his new...personality. Nonetheless, he gingerly patted Megatron's back before retreating his hands, clasping them in his lap.

"So, are we friends?" Megatron inquired.

Shockwave commanded himself not to release a sigh of annoyance. "Yes."

. . .

Former Iacon stretched mightily ahead of Starscream and his scant army, and Starscream forced the Decepticon flag into a few loose stones that were settled nearby. He had retrieved the flag after Megatron had so rudely tossed it away, and now it marked his territory. Their numbers had slightly increased after Starscream's disrupted speech, and new Cybertronians were now tagging along.

Starscream charmingly flew towards the city, remaining in his original form, and a handful of nobody Decepticons frantically raced after him, desperate to talk to and admire their new leader. They swirled around him, like goslings swarming their mother.

"Why did you kill Shatter?"

"She was planning on killing me."

"How are we going to destroy the Autobots and Megatron?"

"With force."

The immature, boisterous rambling continued all the way to Nova Point, an ancient spiritual tower that Starscream was almost in hysterics to claim as his own. The vehicular Decepticons' engines were roaring underneath as they followed energetically, forcing each other aside so they could be at the head of the pack. Starscream flung his thick feet forward, allowing himself to land on the petrified stairway leading up to the metallic tower. He gazed up at the scientific observatories that decorated the future citadel, and he silently planned for the telescopes to be exchanged for ion blasters.

He and his new comrades entered the main room of the tower, and Starscream smirked as he ambled into the room, spotting a large chair poised at the head of the chamber, awaiting his arrival. He settled down in it, his crown shimmering as someone connected the power, unleashing the overhead lights. Starscream barked various orders to Decepticons as they entered the room, sending them back out quickly into the heated afternoon.

As the new throne room emptied, Starscream crossed his legs, sunning himself in the light of leadership he had established. Suddenly, his imaginary synthetic sun burnt out, morphing into an intimidating black hole, sucking the sparkle out of Starscream.

He craved a gentle kiss from Megatron and feeling his powerful arms caress him.

"No, no!" Starscream shrieked, and he tripped out of the provisional throne and sprawled across the spotless floor, which did not aid in breaking his dramatic fall.

He forced fat tears away, trying to pull himself together and take the blow of his desire. The hankering became so potent that Starscream began to shiver, as if he was passing through withdrawal. Starscream scampered to the doorway, summoning one of the Decepticons he had assigned to guard duty. The golden soldier hastily reported to him, desperate to prove his worth.

"I need you to find Megatron and bring him to me."