EPILOGUE

Shockwave clanked around his laboratory, a hermit trapped by his own innate genius, abandoning society as he knew it.  Megatron and Starscream had been delivered safely home about fifteen solar cycles ago, and they were so joyous to return.  Megatron had almost been in tears to finally see Cybertron again, and Shockwave made a hefty promise to himself.

Never, under any circumstances, would he touch another Cybertronian's spark.

Code dashed up the computers' azure screens, casting beams of light over the examination table set up in the center of the large room.  Shockwave was processing the information he had just gained.  The dandelions were flung across the table, some in tatters while others remained intact for further experiments.  One of the flowers was trapped under a microscope, the objective lens pointed at it like a gun.

Shockwave shook his head, trying to clear his mind of doubt, and he settled back behind the microscope, peering through the eyepiece again.

Yes, there was indeed a microscopic message imprinted on all of the dandelions' petals.  Shockwave carefully recreated the Cybertronian hieroglyphics in a journal, and as he finished writing, he rose again, disbelief flowing through him.

When Primus and planet awoke again, the Cybertronian titan gave them all a message.  The dandelions, Shockwave had discovered, were brought to the planet on the Cybertronians themselves.  Tiny seeds had stuck to their armor and joints, dropping themselves onto the alien soil.  Other infant plants had been ferried to Cybertron as well, and their seedlings could now be found across the plains.  The dandelions appeared first because of their rapid growth.

Shockwave carried the journal around, reading the phrase over and over again.  He had always had a disconnect from Primus, believing the great being held within the planet's core just to be a "life spewer" with no recollection of the individuals it had made.  Its only purpose was to make and make but never to care for what it had birthed.

And oh, how wrong Shockwave had been.

Primus knew each and every one of them, and it was constantly aware of what they were doing and what they were feeling.  

Shockwave sat on the ground, his back pressed up against the wall of his chilled laboratory, his eye locked onto the page.

Love has returned.

I can feel it, and it brings me so much joy.

Megatron and Starscream,

oh, feel the light you have created!