EPISODE 14 - THE RETURN

One Kilocycle and Eight Quartexes* Following THE REUNION

Starscream gripped the scouring pad in his hand, busily scrapping away any gray debris that had built up on the statue he had crafted.

The process of pulling the ranks of the neo-Decepticons apart was expected to be challenging, but Starscream was astonished that his initial strategy functioned so beautifully.  His former ranks were captured with almost laughable ease.

The process had been so simple: Starscream led his followers to a ravine, where he told them the Autobots were building a base.  He informed them that their construction would be distracting, allowing for the Decepticons to effortlessly catch them and shove them away into their former Iacon prisons.  When his ranks were grouped together, the new protectors of Cybertron jumped out of the large crags in the ravine, electrocuting and disabling all of Starscream's followers.  Starscream remained the only one untouched, but as he observed his people being dragged away, Starscream offered to join them.

Megatron, who had attended the arrest, was shaken by Starscream's proposal.  Starscream explained that he had established these ranks, and they did look up to him.  So, he should also take part in the universal punishment.

And thus, the prison became Starscream's temporary residence.

Starscream's following would have been presented to court about two quartexes after arrest to determine if they were ready to rejoin the outside world, but since Cybertronian society was still being established, it took ten quartexes.  About five hundred prisoners attended the tedious trial, but only Starscream was gifted his beloved freedom.

Following his departure from the prison, Starscream was shunned by many even though his trial was televised and he had expressed his extensive shame and apologies.  The city's reasonable rejection of him forced him to escape its boundaries and take refuge in former Harmonex, an artistic city dedicated to neutrality and creation.  Starscream gathered great insight and knowledge from the Cybertronians that inhabited Crystalistic, the new title granted to Harmonex.

Starscream's stay in Crystalistic gave him the incredible opportunity to investigate more of himself, and he discovered that he had a great aptitude for art.  The spiritual citizens welcomed Starscream's major transformation, and he decreed that his new dwelling would be in Crystalistic.  Starscream craved to learn more about peace keeping and the magic of the artistic world.

Megatron caught word of Starscream's decision to remain in his refuge, and he, along with Knock Out, Thundercracker, and Skywarp, traveled to the distant city to continue their own lives within its harmonious walls.  Optimus and his former Autobots migrated to Revix, the former Iacon, to reestablish the bustling life that once consumed the city.  Shockwave remained tucked away in his laboratory, intensely studying the organic dandelions that now covered patches of Cybertronian soil, and Soundwave and his miniature comrades disappeared, not to be heard from.  They wanted to be left alone.

Starscream was now crouched in front of the statue that he had crafted, and Shatter's manufactured bronze face gazed thoughtfully back at him, a lie of what her true resting expression was.  But he wanted to pay homage to her, and presenting her with a lax face was part of his gift.  The statue was installed into the Crystalistic Gardens, where glorious metallic plants rose up around them, shading those who were meditating or ambling about underneath the leaves.

The figure had collected some muck over the quartexes, so Starscream had ventured back out to the Gardens to polish the crouching effigy.  A golden plate was affixed into the ground at her pointy feet, reading:

In memory of the fallen warrior Shatter
Who was deactivated by Starscream following the revival of Cybertron

She was the first Cybertronian to perish on new Cybertron

"I'm proud of you, Starscream."

Starscream whipped around, happily greeted by the sight of Megatron.  Sunlight dappled his massive shoulders, making them appear molted, and beacons of sunshine sliced around his helmeted head.  Starscream jumped up and embraced the strong Cybertronian that towered before him, and Megatron gently placed his hands on Starscream's back.

"You have done so much."

Starscream gazed joyously up at Megatron's attractive face, and he stretched his hands up, beckoning for Megatron to lean down.  Megatron carefully place his edged jaw in Starscream's small clutches, and the Seeker yanked him down, placing a light peck between his large, flaming eyes.

"I am so happy to be back," Starscream muttered, his breath warm and weightless against Megatron's cheeks.

Megatron energetically scooped up his lover, and Starscream cackled with euphoria as Megatron swung him around, his feet whistling through the thin air.  Nearby meditators were briefly disrupted by their joy, but they quickly fell back into their reflective states.

Starscream wrapped his arms around Megatron's neck, staring deep into his optics.  "There's a field nearby.  Follow me."

.   .   .

Megatron chaotically tackled Starscream as they gracefully landed amongst the dandelions, and they toppled down a shallow hill, giggling as they rolled across the small flowers.  Megatron pounced on top of Starscream, who was still sprawled out, and he lovingly gazed down at the Seeker.  Megatron's breathing became more labored as he admired the treasure that was underneath him.

Starscream's spark felt like it was about to implode, full of ecstasy as he watched his lover cherish the sight of him, and he hastily sat up, planting his lips on Megatron's.  Megatron harshly hugged Starscream to his body, their bellies forced together, before crashing down into the mattress of tawny flowers.

Starscream felt control exit his hands, and his fingers furiously dashed up and down Megatron's chest, caressing every bump and dip in his armor.  Megatron's tongue slipped into his mouth, and Starscream's own glossa glided against Megatron's teeth, desperate to experience Megatron's exquisite taste again.

"I love you, I love you!" Starscream cried as Megatron smooched and licked his neck.

"I love you, too," Megatron muttered as he continued to fondle Starscream with his lips.

The euphoria consuming Starscream forced him to loose complete control of his nerves, and Starscream accidentally fired up the engines fastened to his heels.  He scooted away across the grasses, confused by what had occurred.  Megatron darted after him, chortling as he observed his lover fight against his own feet.

Megatron scooped him up, hugging him snuggly to his chest, before launching himself into the sky, propelled by his own boosters.  He closed his optics as they blasted above the clouds, their own private escape as they continued to kiss.  The world whirled around them like a kaleidoscope, the ground and atmosphere racing each other in a circle.  Starscream's engines continued to burst with flames, causing them to shoot off this way and that.

"I want to touch sparks!" Megatron announced, his vibrating, masculine voice ripping through the air.

Starscream wrapped his legs around Megatron's small waist, trying to regain control of his body.  "Oh Megatron, I do too!"  Starscream pointed to the highest point in the sky as their spinning about ceased.  "But we need a dead region of space to make our silent light."

*one year, eight months