EPISODE 8 - THE REVIVAL

Starscream was settled on the aged ramp leading up to the Nemesis, his gaze locked on the bluish horizon of Cybertron.  About every five seconds, the revived Omega Lock would blast out a quick arrow of energy that would repair a glorious building, ordering it to stand tall once more.

Starscream gently nibbled on his lower lip, recalling the taste of Megatron's mouth.  It was salty and fiery like the energon concealed deep in the carcass of Cybertron, but there was also a peaceful sweetness, like pink saltwater taffy.

He wondered what flavors Megatron experienced from him.

The gray clouds overhead started to rip apart, revealing the moons to the cities awakening below.  The rays cut down, bouncing off the the windows in the distance, dancing in celebration of the closure of the war.

A flaring light pierced the sky, rising up above the active Omega Lock.  The indigo blaze altered course and began to zip rapidly towards the Nemesis, and Starscream recognized the simplistic color scheme of Thundercracker.  The Seeker dropped to the ground, reverting back to his original form.

"What are you doing here?" Thundercracker strolled up to his friend, his clanking steps loud in the hushed field that the Nemesis was slumbering in.  Thundercracker gazed down at a peculiar sight: organic dandelions poking out of the Cybertronian loam.  "There's Earth flowers here."

Starscream stretched his neck, attempting to get a better view of the finding.  "Cool," he muttered.  Something to tell Shockwave to research.

Thundercracker resumed walking, and he daintily kneeled down beside Starscream, the suspension present in his thighs wheezing.  "Why aren't you at the Lock?  It is wonderful.  Megatron, Optimus, Arcee, and Shockwave woke up our planet again.  Shockwave had some cybermatter stuff to help rebuild the lock.  Not exactly sure what it was, but damn, it worked."

Starscream pretended to be hypnotized by the blossom.

Thundercracker sat down and removed a cloudy dust ball from one of Starscream's scratched chest propellers.  He flicked it into a current of wind swimming by.  "Megatron wanted you, not Shockwave.  He was asking everyone if they had seen you.  The guy really likes you, Scream."

"We both like each other now."

"Oh, so it's official?"

Starscream sluggishly dragged his dirty knees to his chest, his heels scrapping against the silvery ramp.  "I guess."

"Then what's the matter?"

"We made out in the hangar before we left -"

Thundercracker clamped his hands around Starscream's shoulder, his face erupting in a glorious grin.  "Oh!!!"

"Yeah, we kissed a bit." Starscream tried to hold in his smile, caressing the stupendous memory in the clutches of his mind.  "I want it again."

"Then get it again!" Thundercracker bounced up, as if he was being tugged around by an energetic puppeteer, and he attempted to haul Starscream along to reunite him with his suitor.

Starscream snatched his arm away, Thundercracker's rambunctious actions hurting him.  "But I want something else, too."

Domination, a devilish voice crowed in the shadows of his consciousness.

"I want to have something more with Megatron," Starscream hastily continued.  "I want more than touching and nuzzling; I want us to be companions.  I want to know him."

Thundercracker nodded compassionately, empathetic towards his comrade's confusion.  "Trust me: you two will get to know each other.  Just stay close to his side, especially in a time like this.  Sharing powerful memories will be the backbone of your relationship.  He needs you, and you really need him.  I can tell something is upsetting you, but it is not my place to help unless you ask for it.  Also, if you think you are moving too fast, just tell him.  Communication is really important."