EPISODE 4 - THE PROPOSAL

"You think we should follow him?" Soundwave gracefully dropped his mouth plate down to his chin, revealing a small, rectangular orifice. A soft breath whispered out of the strange hole. He raised his large glass of liquified Kremzeek, pouring the energizing goo into him. He slightly shook as the jittery substance tapped into his nervous system.

Starscream sat across the polished table, running his cerulean finger around the rim of his own chipped glass, filled slightly with an elixir of oil and liquid energon. His thirst was not as great as what his frenemy felt.

"Yes. We are loyal to him, aren't we?" Starscream replied.

"Well, I can say that I am. Not too sure about you."

Starscream glowered at Soundwave, insecure about his own indecisiveness and lack of trust. "I have had many run ins with our liege. It's not like you two have issues."

"Oh, believe me," Soundwave gulped down the last of his yellow drink and made a grotesque slurping sound. "everyone here has issues with him." Soundwave quickly looked around, making sure no one was listening in. That was his job.

Starscream watched Soundwave click his silver mouth plate back into place. "I told him I would follow him. You already know about what happened earlier today."

Soundwave placed his glass on its side before childishly spinning it, watching the harsh light bounce off of its surface. "Yeah, you've already told me three times."

"But it was so strange! Megatron is gone. I don't know who the frag this is."

"I get it. I haven't talked to him much since the Accident. He s-seems to be either quiet or b-blabbering to you." The Kremzeek altered Soundwave's phrasing, making his speech increasingly unsophisticated. It would be a matter of minutes before he was completely locked down.

Starscream sipped on his ebony refreshment, gagging at the oil's tinny taste. "I think we should operate on him again. Get him back to normal."

"Talk to K-Knock Out, but I don't think he'll do it. We all saw the m-mess he became last time."

"But that was because he was panicked, trying to save Megatron's life. It would be different this time."

"We still risk s-screwing him up even more. Shockwave s-said there was some change in that 'jurisdiction' area; it got b-bigger. Maybe this is good. He's still strong, but now he's -"

"Altruistic."

"I was going to say n-noble, but I guess that is, ugh, correct, mhmm, as well." Soundwave hung his head as the Kremzeek fully took control of him, paralyzing his vocal processor and transforming him into a tense nobody.

"A'ight, see you later." Starscream finished off his own drink before standing, shivering at the horrendous taste followed up by the energon's tangy sweetness. He made his way over to the door, and Knock Out swept in, desperate for his own escape from reality.

"Oh, hello Starscream." Knock Out looked over to Soundwave before pushing lightly past the deputy. "What did he get into?"

"Kremzeek."

"Sounds like what I want." Knock Out treated himself to a glass, operating the self-serve bar.

Starscream pulled up to a rickety stool, trying to talk to the medic before he was also lost to the substance. "I want you to operate on Megatron again."

"Too busy," Knock Out muttered as he raised the glass to his shimmering, pale lips.

Starscream grabbed the bottom of the cup and pulled it, along with Knock Out's silver hand, towards the tile counter. Knock Out curiously glared at Starscream, somewhat amused by his friend's desperation.

"He's a wreck, Knock Out."

"Maybe we should talk about this when you aren't drunk and I am not about to become drunk."

"I had one tiny mixed drink of energon and oil. I have consumed much harder things before."

"Fine." Knock Out placed his Kremzeek down, furious that he could not enjoy the one thing currently holding him together. "Why do you want me to open him up again?"

"He's not Megatron anymore."

Knock Out rolled his rose colored eyes. "I'm not going to risk destroying him. It was a miracle he was able to wake up last time."

"But he wants to make amends with the Autobots."

"And what's wrong with that?" Knock Out pursed his lips as his controversial secret slipped out of his mouth.

"Oh my Primus, you like the Autobots also?"

"Not like, per say, more of just I think they are the better side." Knock Out glanced at Soundwave's hunched, broken form. "He's out, right?"

"Yes, you idiot, he's not listening or recording. Then why are you here?"

"This is going to be the winning side, and I rather not be thrown into slave work when the Decepticons win."

"Megatron wants to dissolve the Decepticons. He's got huge stacks of peace treaty documents."

Knock Out took a dainty sip of his drink, trying to get a move on what he came to the bar for. "He's our leader. Let him do what he wants."

"Why is everyone here so dense?! He is mentally unstable. He shouldn't be allowed to make decisions like this."

Knock Out ran his tongue over his straight teeth, trying to taste the strong booze just a little bit more. "I know you supported Megatron and he is a whimpering crybaby for you right now."

"What? How?"

"Ugh, you are such a yapper, and a loud one at that. Everyone knows everything about you here, not just Soundwave."

"Okay, yeah I need to learn how to lower my voice. But yes, Megatron cried. The gladiator, the leader of the damn Decepticons, shriveled up and bawled while hugging me."

"I listened to just a bit of Soundwave's and your conversation. I got the crying part, but why was he crying?"

"He was apologizing for beating me in the past. He feels horrible for it." Starscream leaned over the glistening counter, serving himself a glass of Kremzeek as well. Knock Out nodded in approval. "I agreed to help him because he's obviously in a dark place right now, and I am loyal to this side. He's my leader."

"You want him dead, though."

"I did, but I'm not too sure now."

"How come?"

"He no longer poses as a challenge anymore."

"You think he's weak for being more emotional?" Knock Out took another sip, his dark pupils enlarging as the flavor flooded over his tongue.

"Kinda, yeah."

"Interesting."

Starscream took in a large gulp of the Kremzeek, his wings shivering as it slid through his body like a toxic slug, seeking to bring him down. The bar, like the rest of the ship, felt stale, but this liquid wonder eradicated that stillness.

"Well, before we finally become braindead for the next couple cycles, let me just advise you about something," Knock Out said. "Our leader might have changed and actually cries now like the rest of us, but don't think him as something lesser because of it."

Knock Out pressed the glass to his mouth and turned the bottom of the cup up towards the ceiling, and Starscream drunkenly observed the yellowish sludge slip into his friend. Knock Out raised the empty glass, as if saluting an invisible soldier before locking down. Starscream gazed around, the world turning into a mishmash of pixels before he finally curled up and logged off from this confusing world.