FIVE

ALEXIS' P.O.V.

The journey to North Tower after breakfast is a ridiculously long one. In our two years at Hogwarts, we've never been to this part of the castle and the class is at the very top of the tower.

"I—can't—do —this—anymore," I pant, clutching my ribcage as we climb up the seventh flight of staircases and emerge onto the top floor.

Harry grabs my side and asks me if I'm alright and I put a hand up, signalling for him to give me a minute.

Jesus Christ. I don't think I can do this 3 times a week. I'd rather jump straight off the Astronomy Tower.

I hear the faint sound of voices in the distance. Oh thank god, we're finally here.

"I told you to try harder in broom practice. Could've flown up here," says Harry, helping me stand up straight again.

I shove him away playfully and enter our classroom.

"You have got to be kidding me," says Thea, stunned.

The room is small, really small, crammed with circular tables that have red cloths draped over them. Surrounding them are fat red pouffes and armchairs. Dark red fabric hangs from the ceiling and it's stiflingly warm, a sickly perfume scent swirling in the air.

"This is not a classroom. It's my gran's attic," she mumbles, searching for empty seats.

Harry and Ron occupy the last free table on the lowest level of the room, but there's an empty seat between them where Hermione should be. Except she's gone.

"Hey, where's Hermione?" I ask, following Thea who directs me to the next level above them. I look all around the classroom for her, blindly following Thea but I freeze when I see Theodore and Quinton sitting at the only table with empty seats.

Thea doesn't hesitate to occupy the outer seat next to Quinton.

Seeing as I have no choice I point to the other seat next to Theodore. "Do you mind?"

"Of course he doesn't," she smirks. I scowl at her and set my bag on the floor.

A soft, misty voice comes out of the shadows suddenly. "Welcome, my children". The Professor comes into the light and I bite my lip to hide my laughter.

She's very thin and wears large glasses that magnify her eyes to several times their natural size. She's wearing a frumpy green dress over what I think is a long skirt and countless chains and beads hang around her neck.

I look at Thea and beg her not to burst out loud with her obnoxious cackle. She turns towards Quinton and hides her face in her robe and I can see her shoulders shake.

"In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination," she begins, walking towards us. "You shall discover if you possess the sight!"

So enthusiastic, she walks right into the table next to her armchair, sending a fit of giggles around the room. Thea's shoulders shake heavily and I cover my mouth to try and stop myself.

"I am Professor Trelawney, and together we will cast ourselves into the futureeee!"

"She sounds like she's talking in cursive," whispers Thea, sending us all into a fit of silent giggles.

This is going to be a long class.

"You, boy," she says suddenly to Neville, who almost topples off his pouffe. "Is your grandmother well?"

"I think so," he says tremulously.

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you, dear," replies Trelawney.

Neville gulps.