NINETEEN

Hello my lovelies!! You (aka one person) asked for another update, so I delivered!
Enjoy🥰

-----------------------------------------------------

ALEXIS' P.O.V.

I'm screwed.

Everyone knows my secret. I can't hide it anymore. There's no way out of this.

I pace back and forth in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. She's floated by five times to check on me, bless her, and each time I've told her I'm fine, and each time, I believe it less.

I cannot possibly fake that that was some random spell that I accidentally set off. What if a teacher saw? What if I get called to McGonagall's office? Or worse... Dumbledore's?

Oh god.

Everyone saw that. Harry, Theo, Quinton... every single person in the courtyard. I wanted to make a change and be myself but not like this.

I'm going to scream.

Okay, I just need to calm down and think rationally. It will all be fine as long as I don't make a big deal about it. The whole point of dying my hair was to make a statement. I don't care what others think anymore... what most people think anymore. My friends will have my back and everything will be fine.

Right, that sounds good. If I keep telling myself that, maybe I'll believe it.

I count to three, take a deep breath and exit the bathroom. As soon as I swing the door open, I collide into a figure in the other side.

Harry catches me just before I fall, hanging tightly onto my arm, red and flustered. He's got a piece of crumpled parchment in his hand that he's holding tightly.

"I'm going to kill you," I whisper.

Harry looks a little nervous as I feel my nostrils flare in anger.

"Alexis, hear me out. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that... I was angry and I wanted to protect you and prove him wrong."

I clasp my hands together tightly in a praying motion. "Harry, do you know how this looks for me? Everyone heard us – damn it, Theo was right there! He's going to go nuts when he sees me."

"I know, and I'm sorry... but I'm kind of more worried about you right now. Are you okay?"

I'm still mad... but in my heart, I know he meant well. It just didn't work in my favour, which seems to be a recurring theme right now.

I sigh and run my fingers through my curls, untangling them as I go along. I make a mental note to talk to Angelina so she can do my hair for me.

"I-It's a long story."

He takes a step closer and readjusts his glasses. "Tell me – tell us about it in the common room." I think about the offer and take it. It'll give Theo time to cool down... or get even angrier. We'll see.

As we walk, I steal a look at the parchment he's half hiding. Red writing is on the front and I can see something moving on it. I snatch it out of Harry's hand and try to read it as he protests and tries to get it back.

"The Marauder's Map..." I dodge Harry's hand and open it, folding back the multiple layers. Inside is an enormous map of what looks like Hogwarts. Hundreds of tiny footsteps decorate the pages and name tags hover under every pair of feet.

"Harry... is this what I think it is?" I ask.

We reach the moving staircases and wait for one to stop before climbing up. "Yes," he whispers, grabbing for it back but I avoid him again. "It's a map of Hogwarts. It shows everyone everywhere. Just... don't let everyone see. It's supposed to be a secret."