FOURTEEN

ALEXIS' P.O.V.

"You're in love with two boys?"

I'm in the courtyard with Jordan, Hope, Katie and Thea. We have a free hour so I decided to use it wisely and try to figure out what's going on in my head.

"I never said I was in love," I say to Jordan. "And I'm not the problem. The problem is them. I know Harry likes me –"

"And so does Malfoy," chimes in Hope.

I whip my head around. "Malfoy does not like me. And nor I him," I say in a matter of fact tone.

"Sure," she says back. "But if you ask me, the constant bullying says otherwise."

"But I didn't ask you, did I?" As soon as the words leave my mouth, I regret them. I'm never this harsh, especially not to my friends.

"Sorry, I didn't mean that," I say, sitting down next to her on the stone bench. She brushes it off and brings me in for a hug.

"I know. But what are you going to do?"

I shake my head. "I was hoping you guys could tell me."

Jordan speaks up. "It's simple – choose who you like best. Potter is great fun and there's never a dull moment with him... although you might end up dead if danger keeps threatening him like this."

"Jordan!"

"She's got a point. You almost died in first year protecting him," Thea reminds me.

"You're not helping," I glare.

"Look," says Katie, "there are Potter and Malfoy, the opposites –"

"Malfoy isn't an option!"

"and you're forgetting your current almost-boyfriend."

Who?

"Speak of the devil..." whispers Jordan, a smirk appearing slyly on her face. I look up and see Theo and Quinton sauntering over. Ohhh.

"Girls," he purrs.

"Lady Theadora, may I borrow thou for ye split of a second," jokes Quinton, bowing his head and extending his hand.

"Don't call me that!" Thea shouts, slapping the back of his head. He winces and she follows him, walking off inside the castle.

"We'll leave now," says Hope, dragging a fighting Jordan and Katie away.

Theo sits down beside me. "Heyyy..." I trail off, my mind going blank.

"Haven't seen you in a while," he says.

"I've been busy busy, haha... what's up?"

"Wondering if you wanted to sneak out tonight. I've got something in mind and I think you'll like it."

I can't help but smile. It feels good to be appreciated like this.

"Sounds good. What have you got planned?"

"Ah ah, can't tell you or it'll ruin the surprise." He puts his arm around my shoulder and brings me in for a squeeze, kissing my cheek lightly before getting back up and leaving.

He winks at me before turning back and jogging off towards the big oak tree in the corner. I sit, stunned, on the bench, my cheeks burning red.

He just kissed me, in the middle of the courtyard, in front of everyone! We've been getting very close lately, but this public display of affection is a new level. I like it – although it doesn't feel like what I felt with Draco or Harry. But I guess it'll take getting used too.