Chapter 17- GoF

Harry looks at Cho. When she looks back he spills drink from his mouth. They laugh at him.

"Look at this!" Hermione says slamming the newspaper down. "I can't believe it she's done it again. Miss Granger a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow." She reads. A young boy walks up holding a package.

"Parcel for you Mr Weasley," says Nigel.

"Thank you, Nigel," Ron says. Nigel gazes at Harry. "Not now Nigel. Later. Go on." Nigel leaves.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph. Oh look mum's sent me something. Mum sent me a dress??"

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry searches the box.

"Ginny these must be for you."

"I'm not wearing that it's ghastly," Ginny says absolutely disgusted. Elizabeth giggles and Hermione laughs.

"What are you on about?" Ron asks Hermione.

"They're not for Ginny they're for you! Dress robes,"

"Dress robes? for what?"

---------------TIME SKIP---------------

The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot
forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance," McGonagall says. Groans emerge from the boys who are listening on. The girls seem
a lot more excited.

"Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons," McGonagall continues.

"Try saying that five times faster," Fred says whispering to George. They try.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumber longing to burst forth and take flight," McGonagall continues.

"Something's about to burst out of Hilary but I don't think it's a swan," Ron whispers to Seamus.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasly, will you join
me." She grabs Ron and pulls him up to dance.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?"

"My waist." He does so and a wolf whistle comes from the crowd.

"Now bend your arm. Mr Filch..." The music starts.

"One two three, one two three, one two three."

"Oi! Never gonna let him forget this are you?" Harry whispers to the twins.

"Never."

"Everybody, come together." The girls instantly stand and walk forward, the boys are all
still seated. "Boys, on your feet." Neville stands. Elizabeth walks over to Neville.

"Dance with me?" She asks.

"Uhh, okay," Neville blushes slightly.

"Professor, can we change some dance moves?" Elizabeth asks.

"If you think you are capable of such thing, miss Potter then yes," McGonagall answers. They boys stay seated and the girls sit down waiting for Elizabeth and Neville to dance. The music starts.

The boys and girl clap loudly while cheering. Neville smiles at Elizabeth. "Go to Yule ball with me Elizabeth?"

"I would love too," she smiles softly.

"Where'd you learn to dance like that?" Neville asks Elizabeth as they sat down on the bench.

"My uncle dances with me every Christmas after we've opened presents. It's a little tradition and I bake with my aunt every Christmas eve." Elizabeth explains. "What about you?"

"I dance alone most night," his cheeks flushed red with embarrassment.

"That's cool," Elizabeth says smiling at Neville.