Chapter 18- GoF

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates," Ron says. Severus Snape walks past and slaps Ron over the head. "Well, us and Neville!" He adds.

"But then again he can take himself," Harry says.

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," Hermione says. Ron gasps.

"Who?" Ron asks. Hermione points to Elizabeth who was too engrossed with Astronomy notes to notice what's going on.

"Now I'm really depressed." Fred hands Ron a note, it reads "GET A MOVE ON OR ALL THE GOOD
ONES WILL HAVE GONE!".

"Well Hermione, you're a girl."

"Oh, well spotted," Hermione says sighing.

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad."

I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me. And I said yes."

"Bloody hell." Hermione storms off.

"Look. We've just got to grit our teeth and do it. Tonight when we get back to the common room, we'll both have partners. Agreed?" Ron says to Harry.

"Agreed."

-------------YULE BALL-----------

Harry and Ron are walking down the stairs into the hall. Ron is fidgeting with his outfit. "Leave it alone," Harry says.

"Poor kid, bet she's alone in her room crying her eyes out," Ron says as the two walks down the stairs.

"Who?"

"Hermione of course. Come on Harry, why'd you think she wouldn't tell us who she's coming with?"

"Because we'd take the mickey out of her if she did," Harry admits.

"Because nobody asked her. I would have taken her myself if she weren't so bleeding proud." The boys approach the Patil twins.

"Hello, boys. Don't you look..." Parvati starts. She looks at Ron. "... dashing," She continues hesitantly.

"Here you are, Potter. Are you and Miss Patil ready?"

"Ready professor?"

"To dance. It's traditional that the three champions or in this case four are the first to dance. Surely I told you that," McGonagall explains.

"No."

"Oh well, now you know. Oh, as for your Mr Weasly you may proceed into the great hall with Miss Patil." Hermione enters the room all dressed up.

"She looks beautiful," Parvati says staring at Hermione.

"Yeah, she does." Hermione walks down the stairs. Viktor Krum takes her hand and they walk together.

"Is that Hermione Granger? With Viktor Krum??" Padma asks Ron

"No. Absolutely not." Loud music plays as the champions head to the dancefloor with their partners.

The song ends and another song comes on. Everyone stands around the centre of the hall waiting for someone to step up and dance. The professors watch from afar peering over. Elizabeth looks at Lupin who gets her message and he nods. Elizabeth turns to Neville. "Wanna dance?" She asks. Neville nods. They both walk out into the centre.

(A/N that is also what Madison is wearing. Neville is wearing his outfit he wore in the film)

 Neville is wearing his outfit he wore in the film)

The song finishes and everyone claps. "Drinks?" Neville asks. Elizabeth nods. They make their way to the drink table and pour themselves a much-needed drink.