Chapter 4-DH

The shock of losing Mad-Eye hung over the house in the days that followed; everyone expected to see him stomping through the back door like them. 

"Well, you can't do anything about the-" Ron mouthed the word 'Horcruxes' "til you're seventeen. You've still got the Trace on you. and we can plan here as well as anywhere, can't we? Or," his voice dropped to a whisper. "d'you reckon you already know where the you-know-whats are?"

"No," Harry admitted. 

"I think Hermione's been doing a bit of research," said Ron. "She said she was saving it for when you got here." They were sitting at the breakfast table. Mr Weasley and Bill had just left for work Mrs Weasley had gone upstairs to wake Elizabeth, Ginny and Hermione, while Fleur had drifted off to take a bath.

"The Trace'll break on the thirty-first," said Harry. "That means I only need to stay here four days, Then I can-"

"Five days," Ron corrected him firmly. "We've got to stay for the Wedding. They'll kill us if we miss it!"

Harry understood 'they' to mean Fleur and Mrs Weasley. 

"It's one extra day," said Ron, when Harry looked mutinous.

"Don't they realise how important-?"

"Course they don't," said Ron. "They haven't got a clue and now you mention it, I wanted to talk to you about that." 

Ron glanced towards the door into the hall to check that Mrs Weasley was not returning yet, then leaned in closer to Harry. 

"Mum's been trying to get it out of Hermione and me. What we're off to do. She'll try you next, so brace yourself."

Ron's prediction came true within hours. Shortly before lunch, Mrs Weasley detached Harry by asking him to come out of his rucksack. Once she had him cornered in the tiny scullery off the kitchen, she started.

"Ron and Hermione seem to think that the three of you are dropping out of Hogwarts," she began in a light, casual tone. 

"Oh," said Harry. "Well, yeah... We are." 

"May I ask, why your abandoning your eduction?"

"Dumbledore left me some...stuff to do?"

"What stuff?"