•2• {the day you helped me with potions}

A/N: sometimes, i skip a few events.. especially if they aren't that important.. so the main thing that happened which surrounds this all.. is the boy has to help her with potions like slughorn said... so yuh.

"if you were better at potions.. we wouldn't be speaking to each other, riddle." he said to her walking onto the quidditch field with her. "why here?" he stopped and looked at her.

"it's.. i don't know. i just wanted it to be here." she said walking around him to go under the slytherin bleachers. "come on. i have.. the stuff" he looked at her like she was crazy.

"o...kay. sure," he lifted up the cover for the bleachers, and walked sat across from her around the cauldron. he looked at the ingredients, confused.

"what is this stuff," he said picking up a bottle of powdered moonstone. she looked up at him. 'this is so embarrassing.... is this not the right stuff.' she thought to herself.

"it's... uh.. it's the... it's um..." she stuttered.

"it's okay, take your time. not like it's already 5 pm," he spoke. she stared at him.

"oh i'm sorry- it's the fucking shit you told me to get." she harshly said, "i'm sorry i'm just- i'm sorry."

"stop apologizing, it's fine-" he said. she looked like she was about to cry, he didn't want to make her cry. "it's good for something even better here just stir them all together" 'she's... pathetic. crying over a simple potion?.' the boy thought to himself. renee focused her gaze on the ingredients. to be completely fair, she had no idea what any of this stuff was. she figured everything goes in the cauldron anyways so might as well just put them all in. right?

she picked up the small bowl of powdered porcupine quills and looked at the bottom of the cauldron. 'don't mess this up. for the love of merlin, don't mess this up.' she thought. she looked at the bowl, her hands shook. the boy wasn't even paying attention, he was reading. like always. 'the history of hogwarts'. he didn't really read the books, but that's for another story. she emptied the bowl into the cauldron and watched as it let out a little bit of smoke.

she was actually doing quite alright. nothing bad had happened. yet. she stared at her rings. why was she feeling like this. he didn't even speak to her. yet, she felt anxious. 'stop. stop. stop. tom would be disappointed. stop.' she continued to think to herself. never minding her thoughts, she poured the bottle in. she flinched, expecting an explosion or a... anything? but... nothing. the boy looked at her.

"are you okay? or do i have to teach you to do it?" he said looking up from the book. she glared at him. she was doing just fine, not like he was helping her anyways. 'stupid idiot. im doing just fine on my own.' she shook her head, along with shaking her thoughts away. "if you say so." he looked back down at his book, flipping the page.

she finally gathered all of the ingredients into the cauldron. it looked so pretty, all of the colors not fully mixed. she watched it as they all tried to combine together the best way they could. it looked a little bit like the milky way. the powdered moonstone acted as the stars. tiny little specks.

"did you know there's 100 million stars in the milky way? i mean probably more... but," she said excitedly. astronomy made her happy. it seemed to be the only thing that did. ever since.. the incident.

"no i didnt, and i didn't intend on learning- but that's really cool," he said softly. 'she's beautiful.' he thought to himself. he couldn't. he couldn't think that about someone, not her, not anyone. ever.

she smiled and picked up the spoon. 'mixy mixy mixy mix' it's a little immature, yes. but it's only in her head. she began to stir it, slowly.
very very slowly. the boy noticed that, and looked at her confused.

"here," he said, putting his hand on hers helping her stir. renee looked up from the cauldron, even though she thought it was beautiful, and looked at him. and holy shit- she didn't even know his name!- he looked into her eyes while she was in deep thought, about what? she came back to earth, and looked back down at the cauldron.

"sorry i was just-" he interrupted, "it's okay. um, i'm severus. severus snape. and you've just made the draught of peace." he smiled. for the first time this whole time severus snape smiled. renee had a huge smile on her face.

"really?! i did it?" she questioned, excited. he nodded his head. she did it! 'HA!- YAY' she thought. she stood up, clearly forgetting she was under bleachers. she hit her head- "OW-" she exclaimed. severus laughed at how incredibly stupid she was at times.

"let's get from under the bleachers first, ren," he said walking from under the bleachers. revealing his hand from the bleacher covers. she laughed and took his hand.

"i just wanted to dance," she said sort of sadly. he looked at her. 'no you're not going to do it. do not. don't say it.' severus thought...

"let's dance then, yeah?" he said still holding her hand. she smiled as he spun her around.
'i've never done this before- why am i doing this now' severus didn't know renee could read minds, i don't think. still, she refrained from reading his. only his.

a random bird came and watched them from the gryffindor bleachers.

"look!- a dove" renee pointed out. severus looked in the direction, and it really was one.

"it's beautiful.. very beautiful," he talked softly.. almost to himself. renee reminded severus of a dove, she was beautiful, gentle, nice and caring. she was special. his dove.

she stared at severus while he was in deep thought looking at the dove. renee liked his hair. it looked soft and fluffable. she liked his eyes too, she got lost in them every chance she got. like a meadow, his eyes. a sweet, beautiful, hidden meadow. her meadow.

to be continued...