•12• {the day i knew we were meant to be}

A/N: okay okay let's uh 😩 it's the start of 7th year okay and like yes like yeah ITS A NEW SCHOOL YEAR AND EVERYONES BACK AND IK I SAID DANI WAS IN 7TH YEAR LAST YEAR BUT SHE GOT HELD BACK 🤧 LOLDHSJSHSJ

(flashback - muggle mansion)

"i don't get why people won't let you eat your food with other food, y'know?" ron said, sharing his unpopular opinion. they were doing a final bonding exercise before they never saw each other until another 2 months. some people agreed and others laughed knowing that ronald was going to share something about food.

"i don't get... why we aren't allowed to say mudblood," emma blurted out. causing everyone to look at her surprised. evan clapped in agreement.

"LITERALLY MUDBLOODS ARE SO ANNOYING- wait," he said realizing how bad the situation at hand was.

"wait shit- i just-" she started and got interrupted, "are you dense? that's super offensive," lydia yelled out at her, ready to fight her if emma said something stupid like that again.

"i guess- i just think i should be able to say it, sorry?" emma said shrugging, "they're taking over the wizarding world and it's just annoying," she finished. as kameron held back lydia, who was barely meters from emma and could attack her at any given moment.

"get out- that's- get out," andrea sternly said, also ready to hit emma. emma just stared at her confused. "i said get out, emma," she said again, pulling out her wand, which she tried to keep hidden to not seem like all of the other sensitive malfoys.

emma stood up and walked to the door "sorry to the mudbloods i offended," she said, opening the door and slamming it. andrea hid her wand back, exhaling deeply.

(end of flashback - present day)
(A/N: start the song here:P)

renee looked at severus, as he animated all the things he learned over the summer, in the slytherin common room.

"i think they actually have super cool stuff and they," he stopped himself, looking at renee, who looked as if she were bored of him, "are you okay?" she snapped out of her thoughts and just nodded.

he shook off her weird behavior and continued going on about whatever he was rambling about. danielle and tom were sitting in the furthest corner of the common room, waiting for something exciting something to happen with the 'riddle and snape soulmate trope'. as they called it.

"maybe when we're older we can live in the muggle world!" he accidentally slipped out, he looked at renee to see if she heard it. which she did, but she too deep in her sea of endless thoughts to comprehend the words he was putting together.

"i'm sorry. i'll be right back," she softly spoke, getting up and walking out the common room sighing as if she was holding in her breath. severus sat down on the couch and spun the black ring he was given by tom around his finger. he turned around on the couch and looked at danielle and tom.

"do you guys think i did something wrong?" he asked, looking down at the couch and picking at it nervously. they both just shook their heads. tom opened his mouth to speak, but didn't say anything and rather quickly shut it.

"damn, snape- ruining your relationship only," he stopped to check his watch, "23 minutes into seventh year. has to be a new personal record," colten said, with emma clinging by his side.

lots of things had changed since last year. different relationships, different friendships. hell, tom and danielle were even dating by now which made severus jealous to say the least. george ended up breaking up with emma a few weeks after the whole mansion incident. while emma, managed to disappear all summer. 'getting help' she told everyone.