•8• {the winter solstice}

A/N: as said before, the "day i knew i loved you" chapter is a 3 part chapter series but i didn't want to name it the same thing again. so it's named something new also i have a surprise for you all 😏 LMAOAOADHWKSHSJ anyways... enjoy

TW: there is drinking, but also- if this so doesn't seem realistic or right- i am 15 and i've never drank any type of alcohol before - i only remember my 👹 parents 👹 so just DONT TALK ABT ITHEHSGAHA

- renee 🐝

*****(the ballroom/great hall)*****

evan was first to arrive with oliver. they were, of course, strictly going as friends. but, they had to make this a moment, as evan said.

evan was wearing a pink strawberry dress and long shiny black heel boots. while oliver was wearing a black and white tuxedo with a quidditch pin on the right side, just below his collarbone.

"stop- take the pin off," evan said, clearly disgusted. oliver was taken aback, he loved this pin.

oliver frowned, "but... noooo," he looked down at the pin, with its shiny coating. the lion was roaring with the snitch in the air next to it. it was his favorite pin, as he worked hard to get it, as MVP of the gryffindor quidditch team. he sighed, he knew it did ruin the look a bit. he took it off and put it in his pocket.

evan walked pulled oliver over to the newcomers who just entered the ball room.

tom and danielle. they were wearing matching blue outfits, and each had each other's favorite flower in one of the front pocket. they were bickering to each other about how the ball looked stupid compared to the other.

"no, compared to me the ball looks so ugly," danielle said, spinning around in her, more skin tight than ball type, blue dress. tom looked at her disgusted. he simply just put his lips together and turned around bursting out laughing.

"well- first of all," he said having to stop mid-sentence to laugh, "first of all- how you gonna let severus out do you," he said hysterically laughing looking at severus walk in reading a price of parchment paper, which had lines in it, as if it were folded.

severus was wearing an all black tuxedo, with a lavender, sash looking thing placed around his neck. it was thin and looked like silk. danielle stared at him, as tom laughed hysterically.

"s-severus why are you- OH MERLIN I CANT THIS IS SO FUNNY," tom laughed out, falling onto the floor. something about severus actually trying was so funny to everyone else. i mean, he always looked "okay" but not ball ready.

"why is he wearing a scarf-" danielle said, joining tom in hysterically laughing at severus. as to which severus, was close to ignoring it. but he couldn't, as this had to perfect.

"can we lay back on bullying me- i want this night to be perfect," he said, trying to catch their attendance over their laughter. they both stopped laughing and looked at him sympathetically.

"awe- AWE THATS SO CUTE," danielle admitted. it was cute, seeing severus actually want to do good for someone that wasn't himself. tom was holding back more laughter.

"i just- okay..." he sighed, letting go of his last laughs. tom looked severus up and down. he was genuinely surprised to be honest. "so... w..who are you going with?" he bursted out with laughing again.

"tom quit it! noooo," danielle started laughing as well. thinking about severus crying over renee the other day, which was just fuel for their laughter.

"you're both so immature." he said, walking past them. slightly pushing them aside, in annoyance. he went to sit down and played with his fingers. he was unbelievably nervous, this was the first ball he'd ever wanted to go to. but it wasn't just that, he couldn't wait to see renee. he thought about her laugh, and her smile, and how pretty she is going to look.