•16• {call me by your name, my butterfly.}

A/N: prepare to cry, as much as i did writing this.

renee and severus held hands as they walked along the cliff overlooking violent waves of water. renee was going on and on about the gryffindor party ronald invited her to, and how they acted so differently than the slytherins. how she would never feel at home being a gryffindor. severus, listened happily. he loved when renee talked on and on. he loved renees voice, it soothed him when he needed it.

she stopped rambling, "how was your day severus?" she asked looking at him.

severus seemed to be in deep thought. he was listening, of course, but something was on his mind. he wondered how renee acted weirdly today, she was impulsive. he thought about how much of an organized person she always seemed to be. he lost his train of thought hearing the question.

"i saw a dove today. it reminded me of you," he said softly. letting go of renees hand to pull her closer to him by her waist. he just needed to feel her, make sure she was still here. he needed to make sure she was staying, forever. or however long forever lasted. he just needed her.

she giggled at the sudden movement. she lightly pushed away, reaching behind her and holding up a rose in front her face.

"he's not a mr. monkey but i got you a rose," she said in her silly monkey voice. he laughed at her, and moved the rose from her face.

"you're so beautiful, ophi," he said staring at her for a long time. she was almost like a goddess to severus. she came from nowhere and saved him. she had beautiful hair which flew into her face perfectly, her eyes were a beautiful color. anyone would fall at her feet. but she was special. she was his. not anyone's goddess, just his.

she didn't say anything. she just smiled and put the rose in severus' pocket. she grabbed his hand again and led him to the edge of the cliff. she looked over at him and held his hand tighter.

"this is beautiful. isn't it?" she asked severus. he stared at her in both confusion and awe. he complied and nodded, just a confused way. she took a deep breath and just let the cold air hit her face. she felt free, safe, loved. she felt like anybody but a riddle and that's all she ever wanted. she thanked severus for that.

(setting - a tattoo parlor)

"i'm so scared," renee held severus' hand in excitement. he squeezed her hand tightly, equally scared.

"this is so unlike you," he whispered to her, she just looked up at him and smiled. they waited eagerly to get the tattoos they'd been wanting since they were children, which of course, was a butterfly and a dove.

(time period - after the tattoos)

renee and severus looked at each other's hands in disbelief they'd actually done something so immature.

"i cant believe we actually did this!" renee exclaimed, severus laughed.

"it hurt like hell, though- don't you think?" severus said, moving his wrist around to fully see the butterfly and all of its features. she smiled at him and nodded.

she suddenly grabbed his hand, "let's go try muggle ice cream!" she said dragging severus out of the parlor.

"thank you!" he yelled behind him, to the tall guy who did their tattoos. he just smiled.

"i hope they're planning on staying together forever," he said shaking his head and going back to cleaning his needles and such.

(new setting - outside of a diner)

renee was dipping her fries in her milkshake while severus looked at her in disgust.

"i don't get how you could do that," he said disgusted, she laughed and put the fry with milkshake on it in his face.