•4• {flashback}

A/N: this chapter is one of renees most memorable moments. trigger warning- there will certain parts that aren't okay to read for the mentally unstable. but, do as you please- 😺

the flashback

he ran his hands down renees face as she struggled tied up to a chair. renee, was much younger now. only looked about 11 or 12. her brother, rosslyn, was 16. already putting a good word in for the riddles at hogwarts. slytherin prefect and head boy, show off.

"renee, stop fighting this. it was conjured by me. you're not getting out, darling," he said petting her head. renee, with tears in her eyes, still tried to fight the ropes. "I SAID STOP IT." he yelled at her. getting annoyed at how unequally hard this was.

"Y-YOU CANT DO THIS! YOURE A MONSTER!" she yelled at rosslyn. voldemort brought in her mother. she was beautiful. she had long dark hair, much like renee, and the facial features were almost exactly the same.

voldemort gave rosslyn a slight nod and 'shooing' motion. "get it over with already." he spoke, while putting renees mother into the chair.

she wasn't fighting back, why wasn't she fighting back. 'surely she doesn't want to be here. fight back, mum. don't be a coward! fight back!' renee thought in her head. her mother looked far too weak to fight back. far too weak to do anything but sit there. lifeless.

"you're making me weak. you know that don't you, my love," voldemort said halfway across the room with his wand going around renee's mother's' jaw, "and i don't like to be weak," he said. renee watched from afar.

"ROSSLYN YOU HAVE TO HELP HER! YOU CANT LET HIM DO THAT," she yelled at rosslyn, who was staring at renee with tears in eyes. he couldn't do anything, in fact.. this was his idea. this is his entry job. he was going to get in. even if it meant doing this. he'd do anything.

"i can. i will. and you... you will sit back and enjoy the show," he whispered into renees ear. "just enjoy it," after that.. a malicious grin painted his face. rosslyn was never like renee. he never wanted to be. his father was more interesting to him than any of his foolish siblings. they were childish, they didn't have enough fuming hatred in them. not to be considered a true riddle.

"you know what to do, rosslyn," voldemort said across the room. steps away from her mother, raine, who still wasn't crying. even when voldemort positioned his wand to her. she still wasn't crying. renee couldn't think how hard this is for her, or maybe she wanted this. just like her sick father and brother. maybe, she got a laugh out of this.

'i'm so sorry renee,' rosslyn mouthed to renee. before pointing his wand at her. shaking. he said words, words he couldn't take back. words that would stick with renee forever. he broke her.

rosslyn riddle said, "CRUCIO!" he yelled. the bloodshot red light shot from his wand. not even rosslyn could believe what he had just done. he enjoyed this. a rush. it was such a rush. it was horrible, he's horrible. rosslyn, was a true riddle. rosslyn wasn't like renee or tom, he wanted to see pain. he loved it. watching other people as they begged and pleaded for him to not hurt them, all the while he would have a huge smile on his face. he got such a rush.

"PLEASE JUST LET HER-" renee was stopped mid sentence. intense pain overwhelmed her. she screamed relentlessly. while rosslyns singular tear dried up, he was smiling.

across the room, voldemort, was planning... differently. "AVADA KEDARVA" he said, as the bright green light shot from his wand. killing raine instantly. renee couldn't believe what she saw. it hurt, everything. it hurt. but this- this was far worse than any cruciatus spell ever put on her.

"NOOOO" she screamed. the emotional pain mixed in with her physical pain. too much for an 11 year old, but just enough for a riddle.

rosslyn put his wand down. causing the spell to stop. this pained him. not watching renee cry in pain, no no, watching the spell stop. he wanted it to continue. 'you ruin everything, renee. every single last thing. you're a disgrace to this family. hell, i hope you join another family. disgusting normal halfblood.' he said in renees head. she stared at him. she opened her mouth to speak.

"please just let me go.. i beg please.. i just want to see my mother j-just let me go," she pleaded. her voice was soft, like how she comforted the people she loved. rosslyn untied her.

renee, didn't even know if she could actually move. but when she saw her mother there. that's all she wanted to do. run to her and tell her mother it's going to be okay. she wanted to assure her mother she was alive. that renee could help her. she wanted to assure herself that her mother was alive. that she could help her mother.

"mum.." she said running to her, she was crying, "no, no this can't be true. youre alive mum just wake up. you're okay, just wake up," she said shaking her mother gently. the only movement. her mother said one final thing..

"remember you are...." her mother said. her final breathe overcame her thoughts. renee was crying and wiping her mother's tears.

"n-no remember what, mum? it's alright just wake up and tell me p-please just wake up. i need you here. i cant do this without you, please." she pleaded over her mother's dead body. she couldn't leave renee. right?... right?..

end of flashback

A/N: sorry this is short, i try to keep all of my stories at least 1000 words just because i want them to be more enjoyable to read. next chapter will be happier... hopefully. anyways, renee rolling out boom