13- Relationships

Bucky pov

I woke up and rolled around to see Y/N but she was gone. So, I got dressed and went out to the kitchen where the whole team was hanging out, along with y/n.

"Breakfast is served!" Y/N said as she revealed pancakes, eggs and bacon. She walked up to me and whispered in my ear, "When were you going to tell me about Veronica?"

I froze. "I was going to tell you," What do I say? "I was going to tell you but I walked into my room and you were already sleeping."

"Relax Buck. She sounds lovely based off what Steve was telling me."

"So, you're not mad?"

"What would I have to be mad about? It's not like you're dating me." She said turning around to grab a pancake.

"Yeah but I wish I was" I said quietly under my breath.

"What was that Buck?" She asked looking up at me.

"Haha nothing. Let's eat! This looks spectacular." I said trying to cover it up.

After breakfast, Y/N and I stayed back clean the dished while everyone went and started training. She turned to me swiftly and I got a whiff of her beautiful hair. "Well, speaking of relationships, I really like Hank."

My heart sank a little, "Who the hell is Hank?"

"The guy I went on a date with last night." She said hitting me with the towel.

"Oh his name is Hank? Is he smarter than he looks?" I joked.

"Yes, Bucky. He is actually very intelligent. And I think we're going to start dating now."

"Oh." I gulped, "That's awesome, I'm so happy for you."

"Well, why don't you ask out Veronica? The we can double date." She asked looking up at me.

I stared at her lips, her soft, plush lips. I wanted to kiss her, I wanted to tell her everything. Everything I felt when I was with her and how my smile faded every time she left. But, now wasn't the time. "Yeah, I guess I could."

It's time to let y/n go. She's about to be really happy with this Hank guy. I should give Veronica a chance. She may be the woman I end up marrying. As we were finished cleaning the dishes, I turned and looked at y/n one last time. I looked at her and studied every inch of her face because this was the last time I would look at her while being in love with her. I looked at her glistening eyes. I looked at her cute little nose. I looked at her lips and how her hair just reached past her shoulders. This was it. It's time to fall out of love with her. It's the only way for us to both be happy. I tear escaped from my eye and rolled down my cheek. I quickly turned away and walked to my room.

Time Jump to 8 pm

I grabbed my phone and went to Veronicas Instagram and shot her a dm. "Hey Veronica. I want to take you on a date :)" She responded almost immediately, "I would love to go out with you, pretty boy. When and where?" I smiled a little, "Tomorrow, I'll pick you up at 6?" As soon as I put my phone down, it chimed, *Veronica Wood is now sharing location* I guess that meant yes?