17- Party

6:00 pm the next day

y/n pov

I was getting ready in Nat's room with her and Wanda and I could hear guests start to arrive downstairs. "Okay, it's almost time to make our entrance, you girls ready?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah, I just need to put on my dress. Why in the world is this party like the met gala? Did we have to dress this fancy?" I whined.

"It's called a formal party, y/n. It'll be fun, just make sure you're not sober." Nat said looking at me through her mirror while applying a beautiful shade of red lipstick.

I rolled my eyes and went in her bathroom to put on my dress.

"Are you guys ready to see my dress?" I yelled from in the bathroom.

"Yes, yes!!" I could hear them both say.

"Okay, 3. 2. 1." I opened the door and their jaws dropped to the ground.

*reference to dress*

"What, is it that terrible

"What, is it that terrible." I asked giving them a full turn.

"Um no. The opposite." Nat yelled.

"You. Look. Stunning." Wanda said staring at me.

"You're going to give Steve a run for his money," Nat joked.

"Oh quit, you know we don't like each other anymore."

We all laughed and took one last look in the mirror. "Ready?" Nat said linking arms with us.

We walked out the door and walked to the top of the stairs. The music stopped and suddenly, I felt like all eyes were on the three of us. But I only cared about one pair. I saw Bucky staring at me, his eyes never leaving mine as the three of us walked down the stairs. "I think they're looking at us." I whispered to Wanda.

"No, I think they're looking at you. I don't think anyone cares about Bucky coming home safely, you're the main event at this party now." She whispered back as we reached the end of the stairs.

"Oh shush." I said blushing.

The music then continued and everyone went back to their business. Tony, Sam and Steve came up to us very swiftly, "You guys look AMAZING." They were so kind to us.

"Thank you boys." I said maintaining eye contact with Steve.

He walked closer to me, "Do you want to dance?" He asked extending his hand.

We walked over to the dance floor as a slow song started. I rested my head on Steve's chest. This kind of thing would've made me catch feelings but Steve was like my older brother now, I knew cared for me but he wasn't in love with me. That was mutual.

"You look amazing," He whispered.

"As do you." I replied giggling.

"You've even got Bucky staring. I mean it makes sense since he lo-"