Part 24: Fairly Dark

Finally, after all that work I was heading to the fairgrounds with everyone and it was something I could just enjoy without the worries of having some gnome ruin everyone, or a Manotaur wrecking through the grounds, because they were actually employed and enjoying themselves with odd jobs and center stage work, the gnomes collecting trash constantly while the Manotaurs were all posted to ensure safety came first, of course most of them were yelling at customers so people had to get use to their energy.

" Man I can't tell you guys how bad I need this... it took forever not to feel like  I was made of sawdust. " Wendy explained as she nudged me some, having been deep in her work while I was busy myself, seemed to work out when honestly, it would turn out she had taken the extra hours because I wasn't available. Robbie, who was missing his other half because she was still preparing for the night gig with the band, spoke up as his smile held true knowing we would all get to relax.

" Ya no kidding, just passing by you I was coughing up peg legs. " Robbie chuckled a bit and Thompson kicked in his joke as well.

" You're lucky, when she was delivering the stools we ordered I had a grand piano come up, it was not pretty. " Holding his slimmed stomach, he still had a bit of a belly but all that road work carrying the instruments and alike made him pretty buff, like a brunette Fred Red. Wendy and Robbie laughed a good bit as I shook my head some, Mabel giggling her head off on the other side of me as Grenda spoke out suddenly.

" We could make a killing on furniture! " This halted everyone while Candy leans in whispering to Grenda who would actually blush in embarrassment for a moment as Mabel swung over her shoulders, Grenda having been growing into her massive shoulders was still built like a tank. " I Goofed. " She muttered as Mabel just hugged her tighter.

" Oh don't worry, we all know how cheap furniture is with Wendy flooding the town, it was a good thought though. " We never looked at Grenda funny for her comments, they slipped now and then but it seemed the time she spent abroad with her Fiancé was what she needed, seemingly easier to understand some other country over our own schools... and who could blame her.

" Ok so, here here here... and here. " I spoke up as we all stopped by the ticket games. " So we have rides, but only one VIP each... they punch that one. Now we have five free tokens to all games, scan the card and it will keep track, just don't use all your tokens on one game if anyone is looking to play... Owner is kinda using us as hype. " The cards were pretty interesting, like normal credit cards but had the top right corner with a box for the punch I mentioned, of course the Manotaurs would either break the puncher, or be the only ones who could do this without straining their arms. 

" Awesome sauce! Dipper! Dipper! Dipper! " Everyone kicked in with Mabel who was throwing his arms up behind Granda now before stepping around. This was so funny to hear again how everyone went right in unison, only a shame we couldn't enjoy the early event with everyone, but Tambry, Lee and Nate were all enjoying their gig the past couple days so I had no complaints, the fair was a success and the Owner couldn't stop smiling finally.

" Haha, Ok ok. So we will all meet up at the stage in two hours right? " I looked around to everyone as Robbie walks over to me and locks my head under his arm. 

" Yuppp... cause you all know what I will do if you miss their awesome song! " Pointing at everybody else before Wendy slugs his shoulder, making Robbie not only let go but soon show off a dead arm, which to this day I cannot tell if he fakes it or not. " Hey! I need that arm for skeeball! " 

" The stop being a dweeb and go play! " Wendy said with that wholesome smile, her arms shooing him away before Thompson would walk over, holding up Robbie's arm, showing off his carefree self he developed on the road.