Chapter Forty-One: Xisuma

I'm tired.

So I don't have anything to say here.

Woo.

WC: ~510 (wow so short, kill meeeee)

Enjoy!

Xisuma froze, staring at the Watcher.

Some of the other Hermits had drawn their swords, but no one moved.

It was like a painting.

Everyone seemed to be waiting for the other to make a move.

Frozen in either fear or shock.

When the Watcher lifted a hand, Xisuma was about to draw his sword.

Until the Watcher's hands went up to his mask.

In a swift movement, the Watcher ripped the mask from his face.

What?!

And then it hit him.

Sparking ruby-red eyes met his own.

"'SUMA!" Xay yelled, running forward to wrap his arms around his brother. Feathery wings and warmth enveloped Xisuma, like a protective shell around him.

"I can't believe you're here," he whispered, apparently unaware of the other Hermit's shocked stares. 

"I can't believe you wanted me to come," Xisuma choked out. "After what I said last time, I-"

"I don't care," Xay's voice was passionate. "I don't care about what you said then because it doesn't matter, I know you didn't mean it and you're still my brother no matter what you say."

They're all staring at us.

I don't think I care about that anymore.

"I still want to fix this," Xisuma murmured.

"There's nothing to fix," Xay assured him.

"It can't be forgiven-"

"But it already has been,"

Xisuma pulled back with a small smile as Xay unwrapped his wings and folded them in. Xay grabbed both of Xisuma's hands in his own and squeezed them, only the fabric of their own gloves separating the two.

"That reminds me, what are you and your army doing here?" Xay asked, glancing around.

"Oh," Xay's eyes widened. "Not army. Server. Is this seriously it? Bit pathetic, if you ask me."

"No, that's not-"

"I mean, we have a grumpy green robot, a blonde girl with an epic glare, Etho, he's cool, some random dude with a red bandana who's not even holding a weapon, and that guy needs a new eye, and we have this dude who took the phrase 'suit up' a bit too seriously, not to mention-"

"And that's enough!" Xisuma cut him off.

"So... is that why you acted so weird when I mentioned Xay?" Etho finally spoke up.

"Partially, yes," Xisuma admitted.

"I thought we were trying to be quiet," False pointed out.

Crap.

"I think if Zena were to send someone, someone would already be here," Xay guessed, his voice soft. "So we're in the clear."

"Are you sure?" Xisuma clarified.

"Not at all," Xay replied bluntly, not helping anyone's anxiety. "But what are you guys doing here?"

"Rescuing you and Grian," Etho explained.

"You- I- what?" Xay stammered, obviously caught off-guard.

He didn't think we'd want him, only Grian...

"Do you want to come to Hermitcraft?" Xisuma asked.

But, before Xay could respond, there was an interruption.

"What is going on here?!"

Xisuma whipped around.

Zena.

There was no frozen painting this time.

Iskall lunged forwards with a sword, only to be thrown back by magic.

The fight had begun.

Within seconds, chaos dissolved around them and more Watchers were called.

Magic, arrows, and screams flew throughout the hallway.

Here we go.

Y'ALL EXPECTED A FIGHT SCENE AT THE START, AND I GAVE YOU A SAPPY BROTHERLY REUNION INSTEAD.

Then an actual fight scene...

BUT I HAVE SUBVERTED YOUR EXPECTATIONS YET AGAIN.

THAT JUST SHOWS... literally nothing...

WHATEVER!

-Storm