Scene 6 - We'll Get There, Rory

We have now returned back to Amy and Rory's house. River Song enters and stands at their table, and next to their computer. She seems to be leading the interaction brazenly.

River:

Right. So. Where do I begin?

Rory:

Well... you could perhaps tell us exactly what you're doing here. Enough weird stuff has gone on today.

River:

You can say that again. Do you mind if I have a drink of water?

Rory heads over to fetch a glass.

Amy:

River, perhaps you can help. We were about to head off with the Doctor on a trip to Egypt. He striped the TARDIS to do some repair jobs on it and we ended up only a few seconds into the future from where we took off.

River:

That sounds like him alright.

Amy:

Have you seen him?

River multitasks talking to Amy, receiving her glass of water from Rory, drinking it, and entering coordinates into her Vortex Manipulator on her left wrist.

River:

I have. I know the bigger picture now. I shan't explain now. All in good time. If I tell you what's going on, paradoxes and stuff.

Rory:

Oh, here we go again.

River:

And he needs you to head to Egypt.

Amy:

But River is the Doctor safe?

River:

Yeah, he's fine. Sorry, I don't have time. I need to make sure I've set the coordinates just right. The slight miscalculation in programming could lead to some quite convoluted and messy consequences. Power... good. Everything is set.

Amy:

Woah, woah, woah, River you need to stop right now and tell us exactly what is happening.

River:

You will Amy. All in good time. Oh, and one more thing, I mustn't forget this.

She pulls out some creased cards. They are two tickets for some pass and seemed to be old and crumpled. She passes them over for Amy and Rory to inspect.

Here. Sorry, they're a bit crumpled. They've been used by you two before, endlessly.

Rory:

Huh?

River:

Basically, they're two tickets for an aircraft flight from Stanstead that will rendezvous directly to Cairo International from London Stanstead. Time of liftoff; fifteen hundred hours. So, you have approximately four hours. And a five-and-a-half-hour flight non-stop whereby that stage I will let you know in what else you need to complete. Right then. You'll see me on the flight. And I will next see you on the flight. Be seeing you.

Amy:

No, wait!

River zips away when she activates the Vortex Manipulator. She had gone. Amy and Rory are left confused.

Rory:

Hmph... Thanks for clearing this up for us, River.

Amy:

Rory, she came here for a reason. She knows where the Doctor is. And he wants us to do something for him. He must be stuck out there and need our help. So, my loving husband, we are going to do what the Doctor and River say because we now have free tickets for our trip to Egypt after all.

Rory:

Yes Amy. I will get the bags, mam.

Amy:

Remember, we're travelling light. Put everything we had out into the car.

Rory:

At once dear.

Amy:

And we need to be off within the next ten minutes. Make sure we have everything, sun cream, hats, sunglasses, water, food, you name it.

Rory:

Three bags full, Amy. That's no pun intended by the way.

Amy:

We'll get to him Rory. We'll get there. No matter how long it takes, Rory, we'll find him.