Scene 12 - CHAOS WILL BE RELEASED!

We return to the temple again. Bodies are being continually taken into the tomb as the disciples and Weasel follow rituals to mark their fellows as sleeping in their slumber eternally. Seth turns back into his capsule and begins watching the screens as he flicks a button to view the course of the asteroid the is on collision course for Esto. We see a diagram of the fireball and its line towards the planet before we cut to the asteroids continuing its crash course as it burns through space. Now we change back to the capsule, as Seth hurriedly turns back around, filled with rage and panic.

Seth:

MY PEOPLE! WE WAIT NO LONGER! THE GREAT SACRIFICE IS ON COURSE FAR SOONER TO THE HOLY LAND! NOW WE MUST ARRANGE FOR THE SACRIFICE TO COMMENCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! BEHOLD! CHAOS WILL BE RELEASED AND CHARGE ITS ANGER TO REIGN OVER THE EARTH!

The energy around the portal becomes even more erratic and unstable. The disciples stop whatever else they were doing, probably the burial of their people into their tombs, and rush around the wormhole entrance as it fizzes powerful with energy. They continue by gesturing and dancing their Egyptian customs, as Weasel stands near the outskirts and hopelessly tries to copy their movements. Amy, Rory, and River try to get free, but still can't break out from the ropes.

River:

Come on! Once that asteroid collides with the planet, it will take up the Earth with that wormhole open.

Rory:

Yeah, I doubt that point has gotten across to them somehow.

Directly underneath Seth's higher raised platform, on ground level, there is a small opening that opens slowly. We see an eye looking through, which has been noticed by Amy. They lock eye contact, whereas the others among the hall have failed to spot.

Amy:

Huh! That's got to be him! That's got to be!

The entrance slides a little over to the left for the eye to disappear and the Sonic Screwdriver to be revealed. Amy turns herself away so the ropes can be visible. The Doctor, who is clearly behind the entrance, activates the Sonic to release Amy.

Rory:

You out?

Amy:

Just pretend like we're still tied up. Show your rope out in front.

River and Rory do the same. The Sonic Screwdriver releases the tense knots from the ropes to free them, whilst pretending that they are still tied up.

I knew it. I thought he would still be alive!

Seth:

THE GREAT SACRIFICE AWAITS! THE GREAT DAY OF RECKONING SHALL BEGIN!

The Doctor suddenly bursts through and rushes through to the centre.

Doctor:

Ha! Yes, and what a day it is!

The disciples are shocked!

Seth:

YOU!

Doctor:

Yes, me! Now where was I before you tried to put me away for good... ah yes! I was about to tell you that this Earth is protected from all means of attack. And I will see to it personally that all my friends are safe from you and your criminal antics!

The Doctor turns around to face his friends.

Now, sweetie, and the two Ponds, back in a sec, I just have to collect up Hope again and sort out one or two other things, and I'll be back.