Scene 6 - Snatched Away

In the Pyramid of Mosqurana, the disciples dance enthusiastically, if not erratically and unstably around the grey wormhole. They act as oddly and shakily as it does. It seems that the wormhole is gurgling, growing then expanding, then growing then expanding repeatedly. Seth finishes beaming the light down on Amy, as she recovers from the pain of the ray.

Seth:

I WASTE NO MORE TIME! THE GREAT SACRIFICE OF THE TWO INTRUDERS WILL COMMENCE IMMEDIATELY! WAIT –

He is interrupted by the peculiar activity and behaviour of the wormhole. Weasel hides up by the wall in fear with his eyes widened like a scared cat, gasping terrifyingly.

Weasel:

They are coming. THEY ARE COMING!

Seth:

WHAT IS THIS?

Amy:

Doctor! River!

The Doctor, River, and Hope recover from the shock of the wormhole.

Doctor:

Ah. Hello everyone. Sorry about the unexpected entrance, but...

One of the new Mosqurates has teleported through to the wormhole and snatch up Hope! She yells as the Doctor and River turn around – it is too late! Hope had been dragged into the wormhole to be taken by the newly hatched Mosqurates.

Hope:

HELP! DOCTOR! DOCTOR!

Doctor:

HOPE!

She is some way into the wormhole with the Mosqurate from our side that we can see. The Doctor quickly activates the Sonic in hoping that the portal closes to save Hope. It fails! She had been snatched up and taken back to Esto for the Mosqurates to do what they will to her!

No! It didn't work!

Seth:

SEIZE THEM!

The Doctor and River are captured by the disciples and taken up to the podium where Amy and Rory are also tied up at.

Doctor:

Oi, oi, easy, easy.

Amy:

Doctor, River, what's going on?

River:

It's a lot to explain right now, Amy.

Rory:

Well, we haven't got a clue on what is really happening.

Doctor:

Ah, the Ponds, how did you two find out what we're doing here? I thought I ruined your holiday to Egypt for you.

Rory:

Well, we decided to come anyway, thanks to River's help.

Doctor:

What? River?

River:

No. I haven't seen Amy and Rory recently. As far as timelines go, that's a little difficult to explain, the whole recently business.

Amy:

You gave us instructions and maps and tickets for us to get here.

River:

Amy, I couldn't even if I wanted to. My Vortex Manipulator is still charging.

Doctor:

Well we'll get to that later. What I want to finish off is bringing Hope back in one piece. Now you up there have just killed a person that means a very great deal to me! How about you Weasel, are you going to let your comrade down and see her suffer unnecessarily?

Weasel:

I... I can't disobey my master.

Doctor:

So, you won't just let Hope die, will you? It's because you can't! Come and let us out of these Weasel and help us to save yourself and mankind. That joker up there I promise you won't spare you in the slightest when he's finished with this planet. Or are you afraid?

Seth:

ENOUGH OF THIS! THE GREAT SACRIFICE WILL CONTINUE REGARDLESS!

River:

How can you let that asteroid destroy the Earth when the portal to its collision course is sealed?

Seth:

ALL IS TAKEN CARE OF!

The Doctor is aggressively attempting to break free of the ropes but fails.

River:

Oh no, emotions are starting to get the better of you again, Doctor. You know you can't break out of chains and ropes by forcing your way out.

Doctor:

I can try.

Amy:

She's right, Doctor. You think of a way out by using brains over brawn. Can't you use the Sonic or something concealed in your watch to help get us out of this?

Rory:

Yeah, something like James Bond would have.

Amy:

A gadget or something that you scientists are always coming up with and inventing.

Doctor:

But Hope!

River:

Doctor, we have to accept the fact that she might not be with us anymore. You used the Sonic Screwdriver to try and seal off the portal to Esto, but you were already too late...

Doctor:

Oh, so it's my fault now?

River:

I'm not saying it is. What I'm trying to say is that because you sealed off the entrance to the wormhole that she may have been ripped to shreds between Esto and the Earth. And even if she wasn't, the Mosqurates would have had her by now.

Seth suddenly turns back around inside to the wall.

Amy:

Now what is that freak up to?

We see Seth in his control capsule. He has been reminded of the Mosqurates outside and views video footage of them.

Seth:

THE MOSQURATES! THE MOSQURATES OUTSIDE!

We see from the exterior of the pyramid the many Mosqurates beginning to attack the pyramid. They swoop onto it, and with their razor-sharp nails, they desperately scratch and dig their way into the pyramid to enter. They fly around to every side at every height. It is a difficult job and will take a while to complete, yet they keep up strong determination for it.

Mosqurate 1:

THE SPRAY HAS FINALLY PASSED! WE CAN BEGIN!

Mosqurate 2:

KEEP AT IT! WE MUST ENTER SOMEHOW! THE TEMPERATURE WILL NOT MATTER STILL, BUT A SANDSTORM WILL SHRED US TO BILLIONS OF FIBRES IN THE SAME WAY THAT PORTAL WILL WITHOUT SPECIAL CARE!

We see shots of much wind blowing sand from a great distance away. It is not a concern for now, but eventually, it will build up to form a sandstorm! Meanwhile, we see several Mosqurates begin attacking the jeep parked outside the pyramid. They scavenge through and eventually rip up the machine, its technology, metal, engine, etc. before they destroy all supplies and suitcases. A camera watches them from that angle, and we zoom up towards it. This is where Seth watches the destruction of the jeep, as we change to a scene with him looking at the destruction take place. He looks around with another camera to view the TARDIS and begins thinking carefully to himself because he knows that's where the Doctor arrived from. Seth has made his decision. The God then also watches to what he perceives as the pathetic, futile attempts to break into his pyramid, knowing that is utterly pointless. He laughs at them. Suddenly, a Mosqurates lands on a camera, and smashes it, breaking the lens before he just sees the static of the broken camera. Feeling a little shocked and insulted, he turns his seat back around to the temple to where he is about to recommence the sacrifice...