Scene 12 - The Lost Pyramid Of Mosqurana

We now arrive at the desert. Sand sways in the burning sun as not a cloud in the sky sits hovering. We hear grand music of the mighty temple which we eventually zoom towards slowly. Its grandeur stretching tall, wide, and high is impressive and sits in the middle of nowhere in the desert. No man could survive out in this burning heat for long. We see the TARDIS begin to materialize outside within several hundred yards of the mighty pyramid. The TARDIS doors enter as the Mosqurates hurriedly woosh out and begin swarming around the pyramid. We view from the inside a form of video camera monitoring everything going outside. The many dozens of Mosqurates fly all over as the lens zooms towards the TARDIS. Inside, the Doctor, Hope, and Weasel are left by the console with the three main Mosqurates.

Mosqurate 1:

ALRIGHT! OUT!

Hope:

But it's going to be too hot out there!

Weasel:

Please Hope, don't provoke them!

Doctor:

I hope you realise that we need to make sure that we need to enter that temple as soon as possible. You mosquitos are used to the heat for the most part, but even you need to keep hydrated and cool when necessary.

Mosqurate 2:

YES! YES! NOW, OUTSIDE! COME ON, QUICK!

They leave, but the Doctor mutters to himself before he leaves.

Doctor:

How... how can we land exactly where you wanted to, but when I want to, we end up the other end of the universe?

Hope:

Because you can't control her Doctor. Everyone knows that! Especially when your ship is in the mess it is.

Doctor:

Oh! Oh! Well I'm still not quite letting you off the hook you know, Hope. It is still a little coincidental how you ended up in this fiasco.

The Doctor throws his jacket on the coat rack before, they depart from the TARDIS, as the doors are closed. The Time Lord and humans already begin to feel the baking heat from the sun and the clear sky. Weasel begins feeling nauseated. Sweat pours from their brows as they pant heavily. The Mosqurates don't seem to have much effect from the heat.

Hope:

Phew! Looks like we forgot to bring a tube of sun cream too. I don't know whether we'll die of dehydration or sunstroke before we get in.

Doctor:

Then let's get in quick.

Hope:

It's only the pregnant female mosquitos that bite anyway.

Mosqurate 2:

MAYBE, BUT WE CAN STILL FEED WHENEVER DESIRED!

The Doctor, Hope, and Weasel slowly make their way to the pyramid. We see the heat frying from the sand, as the sun continues to burn down on them. The sweat and panting intensify, as the Mosqurates continue flying around and landing on the pyramid. It's a long walk before the Doctor and his associates. Weasel struggles the most.

Weasel:

I... I... I... can't... can't breathe! This heat! I can't go on much longer. I mustn't!

He collapses to the ground.

Hope:

Oh come on, Weasel! Stop moaning about it! I can't stand this heat either, but we must keep going!

Weasel:

I can't! I can't! Leave me here to die! Leave me!

Doctor:

Heat's already gotten to him.

Mosqurate 2:

ON YOUR FEET EARTHMAN! YOUR BLOOD GROWS SWEETER BY THE MINUTE!

Mosqurate 3:

WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO CONTROL OUR URGES!

Their sucking mouthparts extend up towards his neck as the man lies down on his back. The many Mosqurates approach...

Doctor:

No! Stop! That won't be necessary. We'll take him to the pyramid. Won't we, Hope?

She sighs reluctantly, as Hope and the Doctor pick him up underneath his shoulders. The Mosqurates frown disappointedly and infuriatingly.

Mosqurate 3:

WE COULD HAVE DRAINED HIS LIFE FORCE!

Mosqurate 1:

NOT YET! WAIT! WE STILL NEED THEM!

Weasel:

No... No. Leave me be! Leave me be I said!

Hope:

Look Weasel, we're doing you a favour here. Right now, because of your inability to keep your head and think selflessly, that you could be food. We're saving your life here for you!

The Doctor and Hope drag him along. After much painful walking across the sand, Hope looks around at the lonely atmosphere around.

Sand, sand, sand. Nothing but sand! Where do you think we are exactly in Egypt?

Doctor:

Somewhere south west-ish I believe. I didn't have a proper good look though.

Finally, the party arrive. They drop Weasel to the sand as the three all sweat buckets. The weak little man lies against the pyramid to pant heavily. They are now in some shade at least. Along the walls of the pyramid lie writings of ancient Hieroglyphics. The writing however is actually in English.

Hope:

Hmm. I'm not so sure that a pyramid that existed around since the times of the ancient pharaohs or something like that would have written in English.

Doctor:

Oh, that's the TARDIS' telepathic circuits. At least they're still functioning satisfactorily. Because you've travelled in the TARDIS, alien forms of languages will be translated for you.

Hope:

Oh. Very impressive.

She reads what it says.

This is the pyramid of Mosqurana. Home to one of the most powerful and destructive civilizations in all of time. Behold to the mighty god of chaos, violence, deserts, and storms.

Doctor:

Yes. And I think I might have an idea of what we're up against. Now, all we have to do is to get in and then we can at least arrange some...

A mechanical door slides open into the temple, revealing a mysterious black void inside...

Hope:

Well, there's how we get in. Must say that entrance sounds a little too like it was operated mechanically for my liking.

Mosqurate 1:

WE SHALL ALL ENTER INSIDE!

The Doctor enters in first...