Scene 2 - Jeep Journey

We see a black jeep racing across the Egyptian desert. The dust flies up in the air as the car accelerates speedily as we see the sun beams down powerfully with not a cloud in the sky. We then see heat radiating off from the car and the sand that covers the car. In the driver's seat is Rory, nervously steering and accelerating through the barren wilderness. Amy sits in the passenger seat with the map, directing Rory bossily. She holds it out in front of her. For now, all they both see is nothing else but sand. What they are looking for must be near.

Amy:

Go left!

Rory skids the car to the left, almost at a ninety-degree angle.

Right ten degrees.

They turn right slightly.

No. Maybe a little more. By an extra five degrees.

Rory:

We're not on a plane anymore, Amy. It's not perfect. I'm doing my best.

Amy:

The Doctor and River Song want us to get here for some reason, and we're going to do more than our best to get there as quickly as possible.

The car continues ahead into the wilderness of sand.

Rory:

How much further?

Amy:

We'll soon be there.

Rory:

Are you sure you're sure we're going the right way? We seem to be in the middle of nowhere.

Amy:

Rory, I've shown you the map. You should know where we're going!

Rory:

I'm not the one navigating. I'd be a better navigator and driver!

Amy:

Oi! I doubt you'd get us to where we need to go! You'd still be going around the roundabout at Cairo Airport!

They see something in the distance. A little black dot is flying around upon the horizon in front of them. They begin closing in onto it, eventually.

Rory:

What's that up ahead?

Amy:

Dunno. Keep going!

The car continues forward. Eventually, they get a closer look at it. It begins approaching them.

Rory:

That a bat?

Amy:

Rory, there are no bats out here in this part of the desert!

Rory:

Maybe it's Batman.

The Mosqurate is revealed clearly and swoops for the car!

Amy:

Look out!

Rory swerves quickly, and they narrowly miss the creature!

Rory:

That was a giant mosquito! Amy, you can't deny that!

Amy:

I'm not saying I'm not. I saw it too with my own two eyes, stupid.

Rory looks in his mirrors but can't see it anywhere nearby.