Rain. continued

SUPER LONG (hang with me)
-
She stood there in her bathroom robe with concern written all over her face.

"I thought you were showering," he quickly respond, avoiding her question.

"I was going to but I came down to ask if you wanted to join me," she crossed her arms. "What-,"

"Yeah I'll join you love," he hung the phone up and tried to walk with her back upstairs but she stayed put.

"John, you're being weird. What's going on?"
Now she was getting irritated from his avoidance.

"Nothing's going on. Nick just called, that's all," he tried to give a comforting smile but she didn't fall for it.

"Well then why were you telling Nick that you couldn't and that you love me," her heart rate increased the second. "Or were you referring to someone else?"

"Of course it was you but we were just discussing music business and and stuff for the Bond movie," he shrugged. "Nothing important."

Trying to play the phone call off didn't work.

"You're not telling me something," she looked up at him with determination to get it out. "Why can't you tell me!"

"It's nothing alright! Nothing," He raised his voice a little.

"It's obvious it's not nothing because you're getting so defensive! So stop telling me it's nothing and say it!"

Her pressuring him to spit it out didn't help. It was all building inside of him but he tried holding it down until her next words made his heart ache.

"What's so important for you to be hiding it from me," her voice cracked. "I thought we could trust each other."

"Beth," he took a deep breath. "I just can't. It'll.."
He dragged out but couldn't finish his sentence.

A general idea started to grow inside her mind but she didn't want to overthink that could be why.

"It'll what," she lowered her tone.

"It'll ruin us," he finally admitted. "You'll never forgive me."

"What do you mean," worry consumed her. "What did you do?"

He stayed silent, trying to process what he was going to say, how it will destroy them, how it will destroy her. How could he be so stupid to think she would never find out, he thought. Why couldn't he have been better for her.

"I," he started and slowly gained enough of himself to finish the rest. "I cheated on you."

She immediately covered her mouth and instantly began to sob. John rushed to her side and tried to hold her but she backed away from him.

"Beth, I'm so sorry," he had tears falling down his cheeks. "I regret it entirely, I'm sorry."

She couldn't respond through her sobs, she could barely process the words he said. All she wanted to do was hope this was a nightmare and she would wake up soon.

"Say something," he begged. "Please."

She looked at him, her eyes full of tears and full of pain. The beautiful, talented, and shining man she loved with every ounce of her body, was a stranger to her now.

"Was I not enough," she finally spoke. "Did you get bored of me too? Did I not satisfy you?"

"No Beth, no you make me feel that way. I'm the one that's not good enough for you, I don't deserve you at all."