Hair Struggles and Hot Showers

Calvin had an office.

Well, more accurately, all three of them had one. But right now I was in Calvin's and I was completely and upset. It was definitely well lived in, he had a big oak desk that was scattered with papers, a flatscreen T.V., a random bookshelf, a mini-fridge, and a big, black tufted chaise lounge chair that screamed expensive in capital letters. I asked Warren where Calvin was and to my surprise, he was here.

But that was three days ago. And just like the day I found him, he was clicking away on his laptop. I watched him before finally crossing the room. "Cal..."

"Yes?" He didn't even look up from his laptop.

"Are you still busy?"

"Extremely."

I frowned. "Should I leave?"

"You don't have to. There's food in the mini-fridge and there's Netflix. Go haam." He glanced at me briefly before returning his gaze to whatever work he was doing. This was what he was doing for the last week I was curled up emotionally unavailable.

It was honestly a bit shocking. I thought he would be the main one attempting to comfort me. But he wasn't this time.

"What if I don't want to watch Netflix?" I said, hopping onto his desk.

"Hulu?" He offered.

"Calvin."

"Disney Plus."

"Calvin."

Calvin glanced at the papers I sat on and sighed. "Xania, you know I would like nothing more than to hang out with you... but I'm doing work."

"You need a break."

"No, I don't," Calvin responded immediately. "I'm not human. I have one hundred percent control of my body and its functions. Sleep isn't necessary unless I want it to be."

"Ugh!" I curled my leg over the other. "When's the last time we watched something?" Weeks. Literal weeks. I'm behind on just about everything.

Calvin shook his head. "Turn on Netflix, we can watch it together. I'll multitask."

"It's not the same."

Calvin didn't answer.

"Calvin."

Typing was my only response.

"CalvinnnNnnNN."

Didn't even flinch.

"Okay."

I grabbed the remote off of his desk and flipped on the T.V. I scrolled through Youtube in silence before playing Baby by Justin Bieber. At 100.

"BABY, BABY, BABY NO!" I belted, throwing my shoulders to the beat.

Calvin's face dropped in annoyance. "You're not going to get my attention right now, Xania, I'm sorry."

"We'll see!" I returned gleefully. I jumped around to the song until it ended and then put on the El Beeper song. Which is a bop, lowkey.

"EL BEEPER, EL BEEPER, EL BEEPER, EL BEEPER-"

Calvin still ignored me as I crawled onto the desk and did whatever my body felt like. Calvin's annoyed sigh was a sign of triumph. We can only go up from here.

Next: Neighbors Know My Name. I broke my back on the floor beside him in an attempt to body roll and he finally looked at me with confusion and disappointment.

 I broke my back on the floor beside him in an attempt to body roll and he finally looked at me with confusion and disappointment