Behind Closed Doors

"And that, my students, is the reason so many humans are dying as of lately. STDs."

I stared horrified at my fifth period teacher, Ms. Ramos, as she explained why vikings traveled the world.
Somewhere along the way, she went onto a tangent and started talking about their unhealthy sexual habits, and then STDs and how they're affecting people.

The bell rang.

Ms. Ramos put her pointing stick down, "Remember students, wrap it up!"

I pushed my notebook into my bookbag as a shadow loomed over me. I swung it over my back, standing up and meeting Linus's clear amber eyes.

"That was... enlightening."

"Well, yeah, humans aren't the most fantastic creatures." I gestured to the door and started walking.

"Us vampires aren't much better," Linus checked his watch. "What's next?"

"Choir class. Last one."

The man grimaced. An awkward silence overtook us in the noisy hallway, and I struggled to come up with something to talk about. "How old are you?"

Although he'd been my bodyguard for a few days now, I didn't know if I would get used to his bossy and perverted behavior. I had barely talked to him.

Linus grinned at my question. "You're blunt as hell... but, I'm twenty-three."

"I mean vampire age. Like how the brothers are over two-hundred years old." I was stopped by Linus's arm as some students rushed passed us.

"Eighty-three," He said.

I shot him a quizzical look. "Are you newly turned?"

"No..." His eyes zeroed in on a girl who was bending over to pick up her fallen books. Her ass was practically falling out of her skirt. "Oh, miss, you need help with that?" He rushed to her aid, flashing her a flirty smile. I was immediately put in thought of Warren's flirty nature and I frowned, missing him.

Linus gave this girl a wink as he gave her back her books and then, "What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Evelyn," The girl tucked blonde strands behind her ears.

"Linus," He shook her hand and I sighed heavily. "May I just say, you're probably the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Cue me rolling my eyes.

The blonde girl giggled, "Thank you..."

I zoned out as I saw someone staring at me. The hairs on my neck raised. It was the girl who attacked me in the hallway. Seeing that I caught her staring, she gasped visibly and ducked her head. I curled my arm around Linus's to pull him closer.

Linus stopped flirting and followed my gaze before sending the girl a dark glare.

Evelyn, his newest interest, tugged his shirt. "Um... Linus?"

"Later, babe." He wrapped his arm around me without taking his eyes off of my attacker. "Let's get you to class Xania."

He walked her the rest of the way to class without stopping to flirt and comparatively to the last two days, that was a huge accomplishment.

"Xania, oh thank goodness you're here," Jennifer immediately grabbed my hand as I walked into the room. She dragged me over to her little makeshift circle of chairs and sat down. "We have a partner project. We can work together."

I shrugged a 'yes', glancing at Ms. Lo's office area to find some woman there that'd I'd never seen before.

"Oh, we have a sub."