Oreos and Peanut Butter

“So is your blood, like, up for grabs now?”

I walked with Jennifer through the hallway of the school as we made our way to choir class. “I don’t know, I guess I’ll just find out.”

“So you’re okay with it?” Jennifer grinned pervertedly, and I rolled my eyes.

“I… guess?”

“I’m so excited~!” Jennifer squealed. “Okay, tell me what the sex is like later.”

“GUrL, that’s not even on the table right now.” We turned into the classroom and I set my bag down. “And why do you want to know?”

“Cuz you’re so uptight. Maybe good sex will loosen you up. And good sex with a vampire and you’re on cloud nine. And possibly in the hospital.”

I opened my mouth and stopped. “I don’t even want to know.”

“Hey, koukla,” A hand went over my shoulder and I glanced up to see Alex. He looked as handsome as always, sporting his curly hair in a little man-bun. I mentally squealed at the cuteness.

“Koukla?” I gave him a quizzical look, and he smiled cryptically.

“He gives us nicknames in Greek,” Jenn explained with a dismissive flick of her hand. “Mine is treyos piedie.”

Alex blinked at her before correcting: “Trelós paidí.”

“Potato patato.” She rolled her eyes and then scowled. “Ew, here comes your annoying butler.”

“Not a butler,” Linus walked up and glanced momentarily at Alex’s arm that was still wrapped around my shoulders. “Bodyguard.”

“Enochlitikó paidí,” Alex waves with his free hand and pulled me closer. 

“I don’t speak Zeus, thank you.” Linus deadpanned.

I switched the subject, “Hey, Linus, are we going home with Warren and Calvin?”

Linus shrugged. “How am I supposed to know?”

“I thought you were close with them!” 

“Yeah, no. I don’t think anyone is close with them.” Linus snorted and then looked me up and down. “Well, aside from you.”

“Oh, it’s Warren!” I heard some girls say, and I turned to the door eagerly. Warren walked in cautiously, giving Ms. Lo a charming, fang-y smile.

“I just need Xania for a moment,” His blue eyes turned to me, and I blinked surprised. Then they narrowed. I glanced at Alex’s arm on my shoulders and removed myself from under him.

“Of course, of course, young sir.” Ms. Lo smiled and nodded her head at me. 

“I’ll be back, Jenn.” I jogged to Warren, taking his hand and allowing him to pull me out into the empty hallway. “What do you need?”

“I wanted to see you.”

I blinked owlishly. “Seriously? In the middle of class? I get out in forty minutes.”

“That’s too long,” He groaned melodramatically. “Technically, I don’t have to go to class. I already know all this stuff anyways. I’ve lived almost two whole lifetimes, y’know.”

“In the middle of my class.” I reiterated while giving his an exasperated look.

“I wanted to see you. Is that a crime?”

I rolled my eyes. “Okay, you’ve seen me. I’m going back in.”

Warren grabbed my forearms and pushed me against the wall and put both hands on either side of my head. “Does this feel familiar?”