Nightclubs and Bodyguards

School ended without any more issues now that Calvin and Warren both committed to walking me to class. I couldn't answer their question yet, it seemed both awkward and weird.

In a span of two days, I kissed Warren, Calvin and Alex. What the hell was wrong with me? Is this what Serena Mills felt back in Arizona? God knows she kissed every boy at my old school. And probably more than just that.

Either way, it was weird how okay the brothers were about it. I just kissed your brother and your enemy, shouldn't you be upset? I am!

Both brothers walked me to the sleek black car outside the school; the one me and Calvin used to come late.

Before I could get in, I heard my name being called. I turned to see Rayne coming up to me. "Hey, Xania! How are you?"

I stiffened. I had totally forgotten about Rayne. Rayne, who liked Calvin. I approved their relationship, and I had literally just kissed him hours ago. Worst Person Award goes to me.

Then it dawned on me - don't tell me I'm the girl Calvin left Rayne for... no way.

But... there was no other girl. I hadn't seen him with anyone else. Oh my gosh, this is ridiculous. I've never been attractive before but now Warren and Calvin wanna act up.

I mentally kicked myself as I struggled to find words. Guilt crawled up my neck and prevented me from speaking.

"She's a little shaken up by what happened today," Calvin grabbed my arm and pulled me to the open door. "Talk to you later, alright?"

Rayne gave an empty smile before nodding. "Oh, well, I hope you feel better soon, Xania."

I hopped in the car, unable to make eye contact with her. I was such a bitch right now. I put my face in my hands, wishing I could go back and stop myself from ever kissing him.

Calvin shut the door after himself, sitting beside me and giving Rayne a short wave through the window.

Warren sat on my other side and pulled me into his lap to make room for Calvin despite my protests.

Henry sat in the front seat, reading a thick book and ignoring everybody as per usual.

Calvin called to Harold, "Head toward Rochester."

I shot him a quizzical look. "Why aren't we going home? I got homework."

"One: You need a break. You look so stressed and scared all the time. Maybe you need to experience something... normal again." Warren  shrugged. "Two: We have to find your bodyguard."

"Bodyguard?" I stared at him in horror. "Why?"

"We're not going to be able to be with you 24/7. You need someone who will. And I have someone in mind." Calvin said, tapping his fingers on his thighs.

I slouched in Warren's lap, laying my head back on the window. "Alright. I trust you guys."

*****

Two hours later we arrived at Rochester, which was still inside of 'vampire territory'.

I was eager to get back to the normalcy of the world. To the things I could understand.

I clapped excitedly as we passed the large edifices that reached toward the sky.

Henry glared at everything per usual, and Calvin relayed the message to Adaline about where we were going. I didn't know where yet, but I think I was too distracted by the food and the sights to care.