the exception

julies pov
me and reggie sat in the back again, just singing along to the music which was blasting through the speakers. "YOU ARE THE MUSIC IN ME!" all four of us screamed at the top of our lungs.

only my 'rock' band would be singing along to the masterpiece which is high school musical. the last year i have been showing the guys everything, and it was the funniest thing watching alex try and use a phone. but also the sweetest thing watching him get so excited over the representation of the lgbtq, it just warmed my heart.

we actually preformed at the pride festival this year, which was really fun and meant a lot to alex. me and the guys obviously said yes when he asked, he just seems happier and more relaxed, even with everything which happened with willie.

"guys. can we watch west side story tonight?" reggie asked and luke groaned.

"you have a date. but tomorrow night? you buy the snacks and i'll be there." i looked over at him, he got excited at the mention of the date and our friend date.

"i can't tomorrow, me and my mom are going to a movie." luke smiled. i was really glad he was working it out with his mom, and he had just been.. happier. once he figured everything out with his parents, we finally started to date. everything just felt right recently.

"okay. alex you in?" i asked, putting my hand on luke's shoulder to tell him that i understood, and i'm proud. i saw a slight glint in his eye before i looked back over at alex who was nodding.

"duh. have you seen bernardo?" he rolled his eyes, i shook my head and laid back.

it was another fun ride with my favourite people, flynn excluded obviously. i was the first to be dropped off, i grabbed my bags and hugged the guys. "i'll see you tomorrow." i shouted as i walked back to the house, my dad opening the door and helping me.

"hey mija. you were amazing last night!" he hugged me and i chuckled.

"thanks papí." i walked into the kitchen and grabbed out a can of coke and set it on the side. "can we talk?" i looked up at him and he sat down, looking at me with concern. "everything's okay! i just wanted to talk to you about me moving out.."

he rubbed the side of his head and nodded, responding with a simple 'mhm.'

"it's just that i'm eighteen now. nighteen at the end of the year. i need my own space to branch out, and i have money, so does luke-"

"luke? you want to move in with luke? why not the guys or flynn..?" he raised his eyebrows. i sighed and took a sip of my drink.

"yes. it's hard to find time to write together, between rehearsals, and gigs, and we're interrupted every two seconds." i explained and he nodded.

"so do you like him?" he asked and i blushed immediately, a smile spreading along my face.

"what? no! luke's not my type." i rambled, and avoided eye contact.

"i like him. you could've just told me you guys are dating! i'm surprised and kind of hurt reggie didn't tell me." he chuckled and i looked up at him.

"reggie doesn't know." i said before closing my eyes. "i'm so bad at keeping secrets..." i looked at him "that's your fault."

he scoffed and laughed at me "you also got your cooking talents from me." he pointed his finger in my face and i smiled at him. we sat and talked for a few minutes, just about random things, i'd been a bit awkward between us from when i decided not to go to college, so this was nice.

once he he got up and walked away to get ready, i ran upstairs to see a man dangling half way through my window. i leant on the door frame and he looked up at me. "hey apple of my eye." he said before thinking of what he just said.

"what- uh, let's just forget that." i chuckled and he sat in the window and looked at me, i noticed his eyes were puffy and red. "hey what's up?" i walked over and cupped his face in my hands, he pushed his cheek against my hand and looked up at me.

"me and my mom got into another fight.." he muttered and i sighed, he stood up and wrapped his arms around me, and i just returned the hug.

"hey, hey. it's okay, im here." i pulled away and returned my hands to his cheeks. he nodded and rested his forehead on mine. "you want to talk about it?" she shook his head and sat down on my bed.

"julie?" i looked over at him once again, sitting next to him and nodded "i haven't been able to sleep. i could yesterday because you were next to me, but other than that.." i put my head on his shoulder.

"can i show you a song?" i stood up and grabbed my keyboard from my desk and placed it on the end bed. he laid on his stomach and looked up at me.

Your hand on my leg under the oil painted sky
Wind blowin' through our hair on the 405
And traffic's at a standstill, it's LA, what'd you expect?
We're listenin' to Zeppelin, you're kissin' my neck
You cradle me in your arms in the dark in the back
We're lookin' at the stars, the moon's lit Cheshire cat

i started playing and singing along to the words, i wrote this the night after he asked me to be his girlfriend, i smiled at the thought.

And your parents can probably see you from the window
They'll say, "They're just kids," oh, what the hell do they know?

he chuckled, probably remembering when his parents found us hidden in alex's car outside their house.

Scared, I love you so much I'm scared
'Cause they say young love's a loss or it's a lesson
Here, I always wanna be here
My heart is tellin' me we're gonna be the exception

(the exception by olivia rodrigo. queen.)

"you blow me away every time." he wiped away a tear and gave me a sweet and soft kiss. i smiled and moved the keyboard. "and we are the exception. i'm never letting you go." he grabbed me and i chuckled, feeling him wrap his arms around me. "cute patootie."

(if you get that, you're elite.)

"how about tonight we order in, and i'll watch die hard." i sighed and he jumped up.

"this is why you're the love of my life." i hit his arm and grabbed my phone, ordering a pizza and some other things, opening my laptop and putting on the movie. "best movie ever made."

"alright jake peralta." i joked and he looked at me confused. "we still have long way to go. 25 years is a lot to cover." i said, patting his back and he chuckled nodding.

-
hope you are all enjoying <3

question- what's your favourite show other than jatp? mines criminal minds :) or new girl.

- S