5

Sam was in his room, avoiding Kristy, Hallie, David Micheal and Charlie, so much so he locked the door. Then his phone started ringing, without looking at the caller ID he answered it. "I swear to God, I will murder you with my bear hands if you are calling me again, Hallie,"

"Is that how you're answering the phone now?" Madeline joked.

"Madeline? How was your flight? Are you with your grandmother? What's Winnipeg like?"

"Okay, slow down, my flight was great, my grandmother sent a driver to pick me up, and we are on the way to her place right now,"

"Fancy. I miss you already, even though it has only been nine hours,"

"I miss you too, but maybe we could figure out our halloween costumes, we have to have a couple costume this year,"

"Madeline Spier, that is at the end of the month,"

"Exactly, it's right around the corner,"

Sam sighed, "that's my girlfriend alright,"

"Okay, I have to go, bye Sam! I'll call you later!" Madeline said as she hung up.

-----

"Miss Spier, is it? Your family is expecting you, you're grandmother invited everyone," 

"Really?"

"Yes, most of everyone is arriving tomorrow," the driver informed as he drove into the gates. 

"Woah, I wasn't expecting this,"

"This is the Duchess of Winnipeg's Palace, in other words your Grandmother's palace."

Who do you think her grandmother is? 

-----

"Sophie, come in here, will you?" Her mother asked her gesturing to the seat next to her at the table. "Yes mother?"

"I know things haven't been easy with the move, especially since you loved it so much there. I am so happy you're making friends, I was wondering if we can do a family dinner with some of them,"

"Yeah, I think you would be good friends with my best friend's mom, Elizabeth Thomas,"

"Hannah, right?"

"Hallie, and her twin, Sam,"

"And what about the other one? John?"

"James, and his parents don't come around often, but I know he would love to come over with Hallie, the Thomas's have basically adopted him and his little sister,"

"And the other one? Madison?"

"Madeline, she is in Canada right now, but she will be home at the end of the month,"

"Right, and is there any drama?" Sophie looked at her mom confused, "Does Madison like the cute boy next door? Does Hallie like the new boy?"

"Actually, Madeline likes Sam, who is her next door neighbor, and Sam is in love with Madeline, but other than that, we just focus on their love-life,"

-----

"Duchess Violet, your granddaughter has arrived," The butler announced.

"Jacquelyn isn't supposed to be here until tomorrow," 

"Madeline Spier, from Connecticut,"

"Aw, yes, please send her in," Madeline walked through the grand doors in awe. "You must be Madeline, I have wanted to see you again since the moment Richard took you away," Violet told her pulling the girl into a hug, "I imagine you have many questions, I will answer what I can after I introduce you,"