3

"You have a massive crush on me?" Sam questioned, Madeline slowly nodded and Sam started hysterically laughing. "I have a massive crush on you, and I thought you didn't like me that way so I haven't said anything for months now because I didn't want to ruin our friendship," Sam told her. "Wait really?"

"Yep, I guess this means our date tomorrow is real," They both lean closer to each other and right before their lips were about to meet, Maddie pulled away, "I s-should get home,"

"I'll walk you home,"

----

"I'm sorry about Kristy," Sam told Maddie, as he intertwined their fingers.

"It's fine, goodnight, Sam,"

"Good night Madeline," Madeline ran up to the door, she went into the house (the door was unlocked at waiting for her) "How was-"

"Hold that thought," she told Richard as she dashed back out and kissed Sam, "sorry for chickening out earlier," Madeline whispered as she left the shocked Sam out in the driveway and ran back inside. "Yes, father?"

"What was that?" Richard angrily asked.

"I don't know what you're referring to,"

"I'm referring to you kissing Sam Thomas,"

"That wasn't a full kiss, it was just a peck,"

"I saw your lips on his, I never want to see that ever again, understood?" Madeline nodded and ran upstairs, she taped on Hallie's contact on her phone. "Hey, Madeline, are you all right with what happened with Kristy?" Hallie asked over the phone. "Is Sophie next to you?"

"Hi Madeline,"

"I just kissed Sam, after telling him that I like him," on the other line, the girls were squealing. "Finally! That took forever,"

"Oh, and my Dad saw me kiss him, in five seconds he's going to react, watch, five, four, three, two,-"

"MADELINE SPIER YOU ARE NOT TO SAM FOR A WEEK,"

"Kind of hard when they have a date tomorrow," Sophie said.

"What? First a date, and then it's on a school night?"

"We were just going to get ice cream after school, not that big of a deal," Madeline defended. "Well, you are going to text him to tell him you can't go because you're grounded, and after you text him to cancel, I'm taking your phone away. The middle school and the high school aren't that far apart, so you can go with Mary Anne,"

"All that for kissing a boy?"

"I wonder what's going to happen at the Sameline wedding,"

"You're not muted,"

"Sorry!" Hallie told her, and then probably muted.

"Do you have any classes with Sam?"

"Yes,"

"I don't want you speaking in those classes,"

"Dad, don't you think you might be overreacting a little bit?" Maddie asked, only for her father to storm out. "What happened? I haven't seen him that angry since, well, I can't even think of an event," Mary Anne said, coming into her room and sitting on her bed. "I kissed Sam,"

"Sam, Sam Thomas? Yes, Hallie and Sophie were saying something earlier,"

"No, they dared Sam to kiss me, and it was a quick thing, later, I told Sam I liked him, and we were about to kiss but I pulled away. He was walking me home, and something clicked, so I ran over to him and kissed him, but Dad saw, so now I'm grounded for life,"