1

'Girls just wanna have fun,' blasted in Hallie Thomas's ears as she walked inside her house at two-thirty in the morning. "Hallie Jane Thomas! Where were you? I was worried sick!" Elizabeth Thomas exclaimed as her daughter came in.

"Relax, I was just at a party, you know for the start of the school year," Hallie explained

"Then why didn't your brother go?"

"He wasn't cool enough to get an invite,"

"Madeline?"

"Have you met Richard Spier?"

"James?"

"Yep, he was there, I also met this other girl named Sophie, she just moved here from New York,"

-------

Madeline Spier was sitting on her bed online shopping at two-thirty in the morning, because why not? "Idiot Thomas," her phone announced.

"Hey Sam, what's up?"

"Hey Madeline, can you sleep?"

"Not really,"

"Wanna go skating?" 

"Sure, I just have to find a way to sneak out, what are you doing?"

"Oh, Mom and Hallie are arguing, so I can just walk out the back door without them noticing," 

"Lucky you,"

"Meet you outside your house?"

"See you in less than five," Maddie hung up the phone and very cautiously tip-toed downstairs and to the door, "Where do you think you're going?" Her adoptive father/uncle's voice questioned from the living room. "Midnight snack?"

"Fully dressed? In shoes and all?" 

"Fine, I can't sleep, so I was going to skate around the neighborhood a little bit,"

"Since when do you skate?"

"Sam taught me,"

"Is Sam 'skating' with you?"

"Oh God no,"

"Language," Richard Spier was that strict with his children, he treated his brother's daughter like his own. "Please Dad,"

"Fine, it is Saturday morning after all, have fun," 

"Thank you!" Madeline ran out the door. 

~~~~~~~~

Sophie McGuil arrived home much earlier than Hallie did, and she arrived to a much more sane conversation. "How was the party?" Sophie's dad asked.

"It was great! I made some friends, we had fun,"

"Meet any cute guys?" Sophie's younger sister, Stacey asked.

"You bet, now I'm going to get some sleep, so I can still wake up at six," 

"Sophie! It's twelve, that. would only give you six hours of sleep, please try to sleep in," Sophie's mom scolded. 

"I'll try, I'll try," 

--------

"Isn't it so peaceful right now?" Sam asked Maddie, who was skating next to him.

"Yeah, the world is quiet here. Wait I've heard the somewhere before,"

"Another flashback?" Madeline frequently got flashbacks to when she was little, she wouldn't know much just a motion or maybe a couple of words. "Was that the real reason you couldn't sleep?" Sam asked her, sitting down on a bench, she followed.