16 Holiday edition

"Jacqueline, how are you doing?" Richard asked as he walked into the guest room, where the girl lied with Colin beside her. "I'm feeling a little bit better," she replied, "thank you, Uncle Richard,"

"I would attempt to help, but I'm afraid I have no experience in the area. Why can't you just go to the hospital, again?"

"No one can know I'm alive just yet, therefore I can not go to the hospital," Jacqueline explained.  "And I was trained for many years with battle wounds," Colin commented, "speaking of,  we need to rewrap your arm,"

"Oh come on that's barely a scratch," Jacqueline whined.

"Then this shouldn't sting," Colin replied to the girl.  

"I'll leave you two then, I've got a bunch of teenagers to deal with downstairs,"

---

Richard walked down stairs to see Madeline and Sam kissing in the hallway. Richard cleared his throat to get their attention. The two quickly broke apart, blushing furiously. "Hey, Dad," Madeline awkwardly greeted, avoiding eye contact from him. 

"What was that?" Richard questioned in disgust.

"A time honored holiday tradition," Sam whispered. 

"What did you say, Thomas?"

"Nothing!" Sam exclaimed.

"Dad, it's that holiday season, and we're kind of under the mistletoe," Madeline blushed, glancing at Sam. 

"Richie, let her be a teenager for once," Sharon scolded coming over to them, "Madeline, Sam, I believe they are waiting on you two in the kitchen," Sameline went to the kitchen. 

---

"Okay, you have one hour to make the best fucking gingerbread house the world has ever fuc- Samuel, Madeline, finally you show up, take a seat. Now as I was saying, one hour to assemble and decorate your gingerbread house and the groups will go as follows, Sophie and I, Herman and James, Sam and Maddie, are we good?" Hallie explained. 

"We're good," Sam replied, sitting next to Madeline in front of one of the gingerbread sets. 

"Okay and we are a go!" 

- fifteen minutes later-

"James! Come on, our foundation is weak, we need to use the icing to build a solid house before decorating!" Herman exclaimed.

"An ugly house is a loser house!" James yelled back.

"It doesn't matter how good looking the house is if it isn't built!" 

"Sam, you are putting a roof piece as a wall," Madeline told Sam, who had been trying to figure out why his wall wouldn't fit.

"No, I'm n- Oh- why are you always right?" Sam jokingly asked. 

"COME ON SOPH, more glitter! More sprinkles! More gumdrops!" Hallie exclaimed.

"I'm decorating best I can!" Sophie exclaimed, very flustered at her current task. 

- half an hour later-

"Herman, look at how handsome our son is," James told Herman, showing him the finished gingerbread man.

"I am not taking ownership of that thing," 

"Wow, Herman, abandoning your son," Hallie commented. 

"What should we name him?" James asked Herman.

"Your mom," he mumbled 

"How about Jimmy Jr. Schalfer," James proposed.

"Jimmy is not getting my last name, stick to Jimmy Hart Jr." 

"Wow, he won't even let his child have his last name," Sam said, shaking his head. 

"I think our child is particularly beautiful," Madeline commented.

"What are we naming this child?" Sam questioned, "ginger thomas?"

"That's terrible!" Madeline exclaimed, playfully shoving him. 

"Sophie! Hurry up and decorate our child!" Hallie exclaimed, "I need to finish the roof," 

"I have decided to leave Herman for Sam, he will love our child," James announced. 

"Don't be a home wrecker James!" Madeline laughed. 

---

Three Days later, New Years 
The Brewers 

Everyone counted down in Watson Brewer's grand living room. Finally they all screamed 'Happy New Year,'

Sam and Madeline were talking in one of the long corridors at Watsons when they heard the shouts. Sam and Madeline smiled before flinging into a passionate kiss neither of them wanted to break just yet. 

"Happy new year," Sam told her, nearly out of breath.

"Happy new year," Madeline echoed as they both leaned into another kiss. Something about it was different, it was more passionate, more desire, somehow, more love. 

Richard walked down the hallway, but then stopped when he saw them. He had never walked in on them when they were like this. His daughter's hands were running through Sam's hair. Sam's hands trailed along her body. Richard was shocked and disgusted by their display. He slipped out of the hallway before they broke apart. 

After about ten or so minutes, Madeline and Sam walked into the living room, and wished everyone a happy New Year. 

"Madeline, we're leaving," Richard told her.

"Dad I'm spending the night at James', Hallie Sophie and I in one room and the boys in the other of course," Madeline reminded him.

"Are you and Sam going to have any time alone?" Richard asked.

"Probably not? Why do you ask?" 

Richard shook his head, "no reason, I'll see you in the morning,"

---

James transformed the movie theater into sleepover central, purposely having Hallie and Herman sit next to each other. "Alright, what movie are we watching?" James asked. 

"Pirates of the Caribbean!" Hallie exclaimed 

"Cinderella!" Madeline yelled.

"Princess Diaries!" Sophie hollared.

"Anything but cinderella," Sam commented, earning a glare from Madeline, "I'm sorry, babe, but we've watched that movie way too much in the last few days," 

"FINE, titanic," 

"I'm not in the mood to cry my eyes out," James replied, "we'll do the princess diaries,"

"Simp," Hallie mumbled, James glared at her.

"Yaya!" Sophie exclaimed. 

The movie started and Madeline lied her head on Sam's chest. Sam pulled a blanket over the girl and kissed her forehead. "I love you," he whispered.

"Always?"

"Always,"

A/N happy new year! For me this last year has been particularly difficult, and I'm so ready for 2022! Next chapter will have much more action, promise!