18

A/N Valentines day near gobble gobble day ig. Sorry I've disappeared off the face of the earth recently, I just needed a little break but I'm back now. 

Madeline lied her head on Sam's shoulder and gazed around at her friendship group. Sophie was enthusiastically talking about something, as Hallie was listening intently. Herman was admiring Hallie, James and Sam were in their own conversation, his arm still around her. Everything was absolutely perfect. Nothing could go wrong. Ever. 

Madeline's phone went off, it was Will. "Will?" She questioned, sitting up. 

"Hey, Maddie. I need you to call Ivy for me. There are things I have to say the world is not quiet here. Tell her to meet me at the playground, thank you," Will hung up.

"What playground?" Madeline questioned but it was already too late. 

"What's going on?" Sam questioned.

"I don't know," Madeline commented, texting Ivy the message she just received. 

"So, what are you two doing tomorrow?" Sophie questioned, "you know, for Valentine's Day?"

"I hadn't even thought about it. It still feels like January," Madeline commented.

"Don't worry," Sam said, repositioning his arm back around her figure, "I have something planned,"

"What are you plotting, Samuel Thomas?" Madeline questioned.

"Don't worry about that, Madeline Violet Spier, it's a surprise," He replied, kissing her cheek. 

---

"Good morning, Richard," Sam greeted, it was around seven, on Sunday morning. 

"Sam, what the hell are you doing here so early?" Richard questioned.

"I'm here to see Madeline," Sam replied, "As a boyfriend does, on Valentine's Day," 

"She's still asleep,"

"Yeah. I find it odd one of your daughters has a bedtime and the other doesn't," Sam commented.

"Madeline is the reason Mary Anne has a bedtime," Richard replied, "fine, go upstairs. Get out of the cold," 

"Thank you, Mr. Spier," 

---

Sam entered Madeline's room. "Madeline, time to wake up," he told her, sitting next to her on her bed. Madeline groaned and turned on her side, "Five more hours," 

"Have I ever told you how cute you are in the morning? In fact I think I should take a picture of you right now and post it all over social media. I'll become viral," 

Madeline turned to glare at him. "Sam, what are you doing here?" Madeline questioned as her expression changed.

"I'm just here to ask you if you want to be mine?" He questioned. 

"I'm already yours," Madeline responded. Sam kissed her cheek.
"I have a day planned, now get ready,"

"For what?"

"A walk in the park," Sam replied, as he walked out the door.

----

Madeline called Hallie as she went to pick out an outfit. "Maddie?"

"Hey, do you know what your brother is up to?" Madeline questioned. 

"I actually try to never know what he's up to. I'd rather not know about the overly romantic cheesy nonsense that he has planned for you on Valentines Day," Hallie replied.