17

Madeline walked in the door of the Spier household with her father sitting anxiously on the couch, awaiting her arrival. "Madeline Violet Spier, finally you show up,"

"What's wrong?" Madeline questioned, "I'm sorry I'm here so late, I slept in,"

"No doubt with Sam next to you, under the duvet,"

"No? I was with Hallie and Soph, we had a Princess Diaries marathon," Madeline explained, "why are you all of the sudden acting like this, I thought you were fine with us dating now?"

"I was, until I saw that display at midnight," 

Madeline's eyes widened, he had seen the kiss. "Dad-"

"I am just wondering, if that was a simple New Years kiss, what do you two do every time I leave you guys alone?"

"Dad, we don't usually get that.. that.. heated, in fact we had never gotten to that intense of a point before," Madeline explained. 

"I find that very hard to believe," Richard commented, "just tell me, and please no lies, have you two-"

"Dad!" Mary Anne exclaimed running in the room. 

"What Mary Anne?" Richard questioned. 

"The Kishi's are inviting us over," Mary Anne told him, "they said we should arrive around six,"

"Thank you, Mary Anne," Richard told her, "now Madeline and I are in the middle of an important conversation,"

"DAD! IT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A KISS!" Madeline exclaimed,  running upstairs.  

"Should I ask?" Mary Anne asked Richard. 

---

"Why's Richard freaking out?" Jacqueline asked, walking into Madeline's room, with Colin behind her, making sure she didn't fall, "I can walk on my own, thank you very much," 

"Can you?" Colin questioned, Colin let go of her and Jacqueline stumbled forward, "that's what I thought,"

"It's okay, Colin, she can lie down while we gossip," Madeline told him. 

After making sure Jacqueline was fine a hundred times, Colin left the room. "That's the same guy that held a knife up to your throat?" Madeline asked Jacky.

"He's always been like that, he just couldn't show it before in front of others," Jacqueline explained, "now what is the issue here?" 

"Sam and I kissed on New Years,"

"Okay?"

"Things got a little carried away, and my Dad kind of saw us, and now he thinks 'that's nothing compared to what we've been doing,' and whatever," Madeline explained.

"A kiss?" Jacqueline questioned, slightly laughing, "Maddie, my father walked into my dorm when Colin was there, mainly why he wanted me here, not the point-"

"Yeah but Sam is not on the wicked side of any cult,  we were not in bed, and this was midnight on New Years,"

---

"Richie, what was your New Years resolution again?" Sharon asked.

Richard took a deep breath, "to not freak out everytime my daughter and Thomas act like a teenage couple,"

"And what's your progress?"

Richard heavily sighed, avoiding eye contact with Sharon,"Didn't make it,"

"It's the first of the year," Herman commented.

"Now, Herman," Sharon scolded, "why don't you go upstairs,"