Insecure

|Eiji's POV|

I'm standing in front of my mirror.

I hate a lot of things about me.

My body that used to be muscular but now is not.

My personality that everyone hates.

All the memories I thought I have forgotten were coming back.

'You're so annoying, jeez just shut up already.', he said.

'What!? I would never like him! He's stupid and annoying. And he's not even cute!' She said.

'You're such a teacher's pet, learn to live a little.', they all said.

'You're such a scaredy cat. Toughen up!', my father said.

Everything they said was right.

Every single thing.

I start to cry. I tried to hold the tears in because Ash is home and I don't want him to hear me crying because he would be worried. I couldn't hold them back. The hot tears continued to go down my face.

'I'm so pathetic. Everything about me is so pathetic. Why can't I be strong? Why am I such a crybaby?', I thought

I started sobbing and I couldn't stop. I sat on the cold bathroom floor and continued to sob.

I heard the door open quietly and heard a sweet voice call my name worriedly.

I turn to face the door. It's Ash.

"What's wrong?" He asks with concern in his eyes.

"I.. it's dumb." I say.

He walks over to me and sits on the floor leaning against me a little.

"I don't care if it's 'dumb'. Please tell me what's wrong." He says with concern.

I just stare at the ground not wanting to speak.

"Whatever you say isn't gonna help. It doesn't matter what you say." I muttered but I could tell Ash heard me because of the look on his face.

"Baby, please tell me what's wrong. I want to at least try to help." Ash said sweetly.

I sighed. I was a little annoyed that I had to speak up, but I know Ash was just trying to help so I thought I should tell him.

I opened my mouth and let the words spill out.

"I.. it's just.. I don't really like myself. Nothing is good about me. I have a  annoying personality and I'm not very attractive. I used to be muscular but now I have a stomach that sticks out a little. I'm not a genius like you either. And I'm just a scaredy-cat! I'm scared of rats for God's sake! I'm not brave like you.. I- I just feel like I'm not good enough for someone like you.. I'm pathetic.."

Tears trickled down my face as I spoke. Still looking at the ground, not daring to met Ash's gaze.

|Ash's POV|

I couldn't believe a thing Eiji was saying. He was so perfect to me. I couldn't believe someone so amazing could see themselves like that. It hurt my heart, that's for sure.

"Eiji.." I started.

"Eiji, I love you so much. You are so perfect, and you mean everything to me. I can't believe you feel that way about yourself." I said.

Before Eiji could say anything I squeezed him into a hug.

"Everything is perfect about you, Eiji. Every, single, thing. You're so beautiful. Your bright smile makes my whole day, and your gorgeous eyes are hard to not stare at. Also, I love how your stomach isn't completely toned, I think it's cute that it sticks out just a little."

I pulled away from the hug and kissed his forehead and then I pulled up his shirt a little and kissed his stomach a couple times. He giggled. Then I put one hand on the side of his face and I grabbed one of his hands with the other.

I stared at his face. How does he look so beautiful right after crying?

Eiji smiled at me and I smiled too.

I began to speak again.

"Also, you're not pathetic. You are brave when it comes to certain things. Like when we first met and you pole vaulted over that wall. You could have died! But you did it anyway! Sure, you are scared of rodents but I think it's cute that you're scared of  some things. It makes me feel like I can be your prince and protect you. And I can't believe you don't like your personality. You're personality is what made me I fall in love with you."

I kissed him on the lips before continuing.

"I love that you get so excited about things, and how you can talk about things you enjoy for hours. You're also the kindest person I've ever met. And I love how you get shy and bashful so easily. You're smart aswell, and even if you were stupid I would still love you because you have so many other good qualities. You are not pathetic in a single way. I don't think I deserve you."

"I love you." I added.

"Thank you, Ash... nobody has ever said anything like that to me before. I love you too." Eiji said looking a little bashful and then he kissed me, I kissed back.

"Well more people should have because you're amazing."

"No you." He said and then giggled.

I laughed along with him.

'I love him so much.'

The end!

AAA this one was really fun to write so I hope you guys enjoy it! Make sure to vote if you do! And also leave requests if you have any! Ily guys tysm for 1.05k views!! You guys are amazing. ♡